1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best new shooter Iyou ever seen ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

About four months ago this big tall guy comes to the trap range with a new Beretta Trap teckny . He is very quiet and unassuming.He had never shot trap before. In the last 4 months shooting two times a weekend maybe 100 rounds a session he has shot 8 25 straight 3 50s 1 75 straight and 1 100 straight. Damn I have never seen such a natural at shooting. He expects to hit straights ever time and. I shot with him today and he missed one out of 50 and said he was having a bad day!!! Damn what a natural talent. I wish I had half that ability. He is 37 and going to shoot in his first ATA match next week. MInd blowing!!!!! I am really envious!!!

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Is he going to Missouri Fall Handicap? (snicker)

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

From Kentucky?

4. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Wait until he gets the "attitude" we Trapshooters have and watch his scores drop like a lead balloon! I seen it happen dozens of times. Do him a favor and keep him away from other shooters and release him just before a Calcutta.....After you bought him!

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

LOL @ pheasantmaster...

For me, that would be Dylan Darhower from Pennsylvania. I am sure there are others around the country, but he is the one that most impressed me.

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The late Rudy Etchen. That guy could shoot ANY target game and do it VERY WELL! In 1980 several of us from Louisana were up at the Grand when Rudy was inducted into the ATA Hall Of Fame. That year he broke ALL of the 16 yd. program targets at the Grand! He did everythng with his 1950 model 870 with the exception of "flyer" tournaments. He used his custom built Purdy for that game. He could have been just as deadly on live birds with the Remington, but defered to tradition when shooting those tournaments. He was fun to watch and a vertial "machine" in tournaments. When Barksdale AFB gun club had theRudy Etchen honor shoot, he felt obligated to attend of course, even though he hadn't shot a registered Skeet target in years. There was a howling wind and the event was a 28 ga.event. Rudy had been given one of the first 3200 4 barrel skeet sets by Remington. He put the 28 ga. pipes on the reciever and ran either 97 or 98(can't remember). Beat the tar out of the entire field, thanked the host, picked up the trophy and headed home! Man he could shoot!

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Janessa (?) Beeman, Shot a hundred straight in her first ATA shoot. Was competitive in every event she shot. just didn't believe she could miss and pretty much proved she had it right! Her grandad was smiling like the cat that ate the canary all weekend! She was fun to watch, and a good squad member to shoot with!

Went home to get her drivers lisence after that shoot!

Al

8. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Dan Bonillas in 1969 or at Fresno Trap & Skeet and about 1 year later Vince Compolongo at the same club.

Vince McNamara

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Apparently none of you have ever seen me shoot and I can tell you right up front that I'm a natural. I guess that's what my daddy was talking about when he said they threw away the mold when they made me. I shoot hundreds on a regular basis(I just don't break all the targets). By the way, my scores may change a little(lot) if you do ever see me shoot. Jackie B.

10. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Zac Azevedo made it to the 27yd line in one year and finished the state shoot hdcp in 3rd.If he had the time and a sponser????????????? PJ

11. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I was talking to Bob McGough many years ago in Florida, if my memory is correct about the conversation, and it seems he told me he broke 99 in the first singles he shot and 100 the next time. He had shot about 6 mo. of practice. Bob over the years has always been a heck of a shooter and very nice fellow. I believe he shoots one-eyed and holds a high gun in doubles. He is very fast on his doubles and used to carry about a 96 average.

Charlie

12. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Now if you are also going to that shoot and do not bother to tell them about the known ability of that shooter than your just as much of a sandbaggin CENSORED as he is.

13. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Many years ago I went to watch John Satterwhite, ( former olympic shooter), perform a shooting exhibition. After he completed his performance; he took questions from the audience. Someone asked him, "Who is the best shooter you have ever seen". He said he was giving a performance in Kentucky and watched a 16 year old boy break 21x25 from the 16 yard line. He was asked what was so special about that. Satterwhite said, "He did it with a .22 caliber rifle"! Now that is concentration! Ed

14. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

in 1965 a doctor's 16 year old son came to our club and broke all of the targets that he shot at. he had never shot doubles before so he went to the doubles field and watched a round and then broke the ones that he shot at. i guess that he figured that there was nothing to that shooting game , because we never saw him again.

15. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

rudy etchen shot the first 100 straight at doubles at the grand, and he did it with his 870 pump gun.

16. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Back around 1968 or 69 my friend Ken Jeffries and I took my Dad's old trap thrower that you cocked and stood on out to a friends farm so he could try clay shooting.<br>
    We probably threw him 25 or so targets like that twice in 2 weeks, then he said he wanted to try it off a real trap machine.<br>
    The Joliet Arsenal had a nice trap range, so we took him out there to give it a try one night.<br>
    We were surprised when he broke the first 25, couldn't believe he broke the next 25 and amazed when he broke the last 25 for 75 straight.<br>
    I'm sure a lot of you know this larger than life character and probably his son Eric and daughter Ondrea, his name is George Weikum. Harv.

17. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"About four months ago this big tall guy comes to the trap range with a new Beretta Trap teckny . He is very quiet and unassuming.He had never shot trap before.."
    Uh, that's what he TOLD you, right?? ;)

18. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Leo. As a sub junior he was winning most shoots he went to. About as hard to beat then as now...at all three games. If he had a learning curve, I sure didn't see it.

Whipped up on a bunch by that kid,

milt

19. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Mr. Newby, If you're referring to my post I should have mentioned a non-registered calcutta where there is no sandbagging and where, it's not playing the game, it's winning that counts! Just like street drags,street fights,annie oakleys etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.