1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best movie ever?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I just got through watching the movie "The Best Years of our Lives" on TCM. I was flipping through the channels and seen it was on. I wasn't going to watch because I have seen this movie at least a dozen times. Every time I start to watch I have to watch it to the end and I always end up getting the bottle out. Ditto for tonight.

It is all about the story in this film. Not one stunt. Everything is believeable, the actiing - I don't believe there is any acting - it is all real.

Just an incredible film. Gets me everytime.

2. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Ben-Hur gets my vote especially in terms of costumes, sets and acting.

12 O'clock High and 12 Angry Men are both very good.

Dr Strangelove is also one of my favorites.

Ed Ward

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

john waynes the searchers or shawshenk redemption. both are amazing movies

4. JH

JH Well-Known Member

There are many great movies....but two scenes that are never forgotten:

Wild Bunch: William Holden and Ernest Borgnine, in the "pause/moment" just before all the shooting starts in the final scene of the movie.

Unforgiven: When Will Munny (Eastwood) is about to shoot Little Bill laying on the tavern's floor and the transcendental line: "Deserve's got nothing to do with it" is uttered.

5. Hard Cash

Hard Cash TS Member

Tombstone

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

SHANE

7. gp1217

gp1217 TS Member

One vote for Shawshank Redemption.

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I wouldn't put this in my best movie category, but it's one of my favorites: The Outlaw Josey Wales.....One of the best is ZULU!

Wayne

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Too many great movies. Ben-Hur is way up there and so is Shawshank, and Tombstone, The Green Mile, Singing in the Rain,Gladiator, Open Range,a little known one with Alan Ladd " The Iron Mistress",Braveheart, The Italian Job,Spartacus, Lawrence of Arabia, Silence of the Lambs,Legends of the Fall,Bullitt and The Great Escape. Too too many. I love movies. Bulge.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Looks like Mike likes Anthony Hopkins? I love all his movies

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The best movie in my opinion is Das Bot, after spending several years riding both diesel boats & boomers, I felt I could smell the boat, feel the penetration of the diesel fumes into my clothing, skin & food, feel the exhilartion & fear involved in crossing the Atlantic in the winter headed to Bergen Norway. The sounds the boat made the rush of diesel intake air---what a rush.

The comaraderie of the crew was the best. No matter how successful I became after my years in the navy-it was still the most important time of my life.

Phil Berkowitz ICC(SS)-USNR retired

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Great Escape and Cool hand Luke

13. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I would have to go with "Lonesome Dove" with Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones. (Albeit a mini-series due to its length). Also I truly enjoyed Tombstone. I thought Val Kilmer did a great job portraying Doc Holliday.

14. wm rike

wm rike Member

The Graduate and Butch Cassidy leap to mind, but when I read the title to this thread Das Boot came to mind out of nowhere. Black and white, a very simple plot line, but the acting, the sounds, and the images are all gripping, if not gut-wrenching.

15. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

The Grapes of Wrath,and The Emperor of the North

D.P.Reynolds

16. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

The Quiet Man.... it was on over the weekend. Many other good ones, but this is one I never get tired of seeing multiple times.

17. philk

philk Member

I`m split between my three favorite westerns. Shane, The Fastest Gun and The Shootist. Maybe not the best ever but my favorites.

18. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

another vote for Shawshank Redemption

SW

19. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

My absolute must watch when its on is Stalag 17. Great film. Runner-up is Pulp Fiction. Great dialouge. Both well written films. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

20. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

My vote goes to "2001" This 1960's movie had some of the absolute best special effects and it was all done without a single computer based graphic. It used camera angles, rotating stages and costuming to accurately portray what space flight would be. It had future electronic communication that are about today's current standards but it did it before the first cell phone, space station, satellite communications for common use, personal computer, or even any manned moon flights having been completed. It also had one of the most memorable sound tracks ever used in a movie.

It started with the creation of human intelligence and ended with the birth of a new human. It spans many millions of years It is just a great movie on so many fronts, I can't even begin to list all the facets that make this movie My Greatest Movie.

I just hope that we do not end up with another psychotic computer like HAL. (Although, sometimes I think my computer might be related to HAL. At least it hasn't locked me out of the house, YET!)

For a much more detailed review, take a look at

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.