1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best motels around Linn Creek, Fall Handicap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ShootinSue, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Since it will be our first time at Linn Creek and there are so many motels in the area, which one is the cleanest and closest to the range?

Thanks!

Sue

2. zzoom

zzoom Member

Shootinsue- here is the number for the Lake Chamber of Commerce, I could make some recommendations, however calling them you can get more information regarding price and what is available to fit your needs. 1-800-451-4117. Or I will be glad to help you if you wish. Live in Jefferson City which is about 40 miles from Linn Creek, my wife worked in hotel sales at the Lake for several years, we know what is nice and what is "not so nice"...

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Before we started camping at the club, we stayed at Golden Door, on Hwy 54 at Osage Beach. It is an older, mom/pop motel but very clean and reasonable. They also allow dogs.
    We have also stayed at Williamsburg Inn, also on Hwy 54 and Lazy Days (condos with various arrangements of bedrooms)Camdenton has a Sleep Inn that is fairly new.
    I believe the program lists some of the supporting motels.
    Hope this helps

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I have stayed at the Scottish Inn and it was clean and the lady at the front desk was VERY hospitable,,,,,much more that the super 8.....

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Another vote for Lazy Days condos. Stayed there last year with another shooter and had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom arrangement with fireplace and lakefront view. It cost us $77 each per nite. Spotlessly clean.

6. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

We stayed at the sloeep inn about 9 years ago when it was new. Really nice,clean and a good breakfast.

7. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I have stayed at the Econo Lodge in Osage Beach twice now and have reservations for this year's Fall Handicap as well.

I stay in the non-smoking part and it is very clean and the people at the front desk are very nice as well.

Allen

8. ShootinSue

Thank you all for the information! There are so many to choose from that I wasn't sure which ones were the best. I will check out the ones you all have mentioned.

Thanks again! Very much appreciated!

Sue

9. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Quail's nest & Osage Village Inn are two that we have stayed in.......reasonable & clean......100 yds. from the big shopping mall which my wife seems to think is a big plus!

10. ShootinSue

Thank you! I am seriously considering the Quails Nest...looks good.

Sue

11. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I have stayed at the EconoLodge the past two years and agree with the above post. There is also a Comfort Inn right down the road. Jack

12. ShootinSue

Thanks Jack, I will check them out.

Sue

13. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Try the Town and Country Motel at 5451 Osage Beach Parkway, Osage Beach, MO 65065. Drive up to your room. Our room last week was like new.$59.95/night for 2 people King.573-348-5677.

motel@charter.net

Owned by a veteran

milt

14. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

hi when i went found it cheaper to rent cabin on lake for a week at camdenton i believe it was called irish hills. even drowned some worms in the evening.

15. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

called the quails nest this past thurs. no rooms available. i got a room at the scottish inn. there is a bass tournament going on the same time as the fall hdcp this year so rooms are becoming scarce . was told sat that this years shoot should be much larger than last year.

16. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I think there is a bass tournament every weekend at the lake. The Queen and I went there once the week after Thanksgiving for her to Xmas shop, and there was a bass tournament going on.

17. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

The Red Oak Resort about 7 miles north of Camdenton on Hwy 5 is pretty nice. Condos, Motel type romms and individual modular units, pool, boat ramp too.

Tupelo Honeys acroos hwy 5 and a 1/4 mile farther north has great breakfast and opens early.

18. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

ShootinSue,

The Guest House inn in Osage Beach, Mo is excellent. Very nice owner/operators. They are great people hands down. It takes about 15 minutes to drive to the range (all highway).

Kurt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.