1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best money making events your club has hosted...??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

I'm sure that many clubs have come up with new or different innovative ideas to increase revenue in the last few years to help out during these slow economic times.

As one of the newly elected members on our board of directors...I would appreciate information on ideas that have been helpful to your club. Especially, but not confined to, those that have "really" made a difference in revenue.

All coments are welcome including ideas that have just been considered but not implimented.

Thanks and best regards..Stan M.

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

We seem to make more money on raffles than throwing targets. We have had raffles at registered shoots and meat shoots. People donate items and then we sell raffle tickets. Pure profit for the club. Mark

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Pie shoots are fun and help. We did this with the annual meeting dinner. Members donate pies. Take a paper plate and divide it into slices about two inches or so wide. The number of slices determines how much that pie will bring. Different pies can have different amount/sizes of slices. You sell each slice for $1.00 and write the buyers name in that slice. When all slices are sold you get a volunteer and others to take the plate and fix it to an object, or pattern board, and then step back about 20 yards or so and fire a shot at the center of the plate. You may get a new youth shooter so you do not have to count a lot of holes. A black marker is used when counting the holes so they are not counted more than once. The person whose name is on the slice with the most shot bb holes wins the pie. Get back far enough where there are not too many holes to count. Ray

4. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I used to put on a game dinner for my club. We fed about 250 people, at $30.00/adult, and $10.00/junior. All the meats were donated by members, and ran all the way from squirrel and racoon, on up to moose, elk, sheep, goat, and bear. We also had fish, both fresh and salt water species, and upland and water birds. We had to pay the restaurant so much per seat, and a corkage fee for the donated wine. There were raffles for rifles and shotguns, silent and vocal auctions for donated items. We had cowboy shooters put on a display of trick shooting, a speech by one of my friends, who is involved in the fight against the anti-gun efforts at the UN, and other things that escape me right now. On average, I cleared about $5000.00 to $5500.00 profit, after all expenses.

5. StansCustoms

Thankyou gentlemen..

What about weekly or monthly events in addition to normal registered shoots...such as organized playdays or the like. Is anything like that successful.

Thanks Stan

6. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

Monthly raffle for guns/cash option based on 3 digit daily lottery number. We got a local FFL to donate all guns at his cost. Winners could take the gun, or cash option of 75% of gun cost, or 100% of gun cost credit towards another more expensive gun (price then negotiated with FFL). Sold 1000 tickets @ $20 each and made 5 to 7 thousand for the Club. Several times the BIG PRIZE was a KX-5 from Allem's Gun Craft. John is a big supporter of our Club!

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

A few members should be able to provide decoys and portable blinds.

Shot over two fields. 25 per field. (The Valleyfield club in Quebec)

Three stands per field.

Over 100 attended this shoot. Mostly hunters from the local area.

Club provided two box of shells and a simple lunch (included in the shoot fees).

Push the shoot through the local chapters of hunting orgs (Ducks Unlimited) and newspapers...

[​IMG]

8. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

Our big money makers are our winter league and we host corporate and church groups.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Two man (Pick your partner) Calcutta's are always fun, the club can charge a premium for the targets ... The targets are usually 50 from 23 yards and then 50 from the 27 yardline ... You can modify it any way you would like on the number of targets but with 50/ 50 each man has to back his partner on his call which is alternated between the two shooters on the two man team ... Toss in some lunch and add more income for the club by making it more money to participate ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Our club has been holding a banquet for several years, but I'll tell ya, its a lot of work and time. With a club of over 300 members, about 3-5 members end up doing all the work.

A couple of members go around the commuity looking for cash donations. Each year we hope that the cash will cover the guns we raffle off. The grand prize gun ($1000-$1200)is donated by the local bank(their credited on the dinner ticket). The other prizes are purchased by the club at various retailers(generally at cost).

The dinner ticket includes the catered prime rib with wild game hor' dourves and the grand prize. The dinner ticket price is $50-adult, $25-child(12-17), and free under 12. Only the adult tickets get a chance at the grand prize. The catered dinner costs $23(this year)

The club clears near $9000 the past few years. This year we were upside down on the guns purchased for the raffle from monies donated, so we ended up just under the $9000.

The problem we are experiencing now is that the retail community is getting hammered not only by us but also a dozen other organizations...DU, hockey leagues, NRA, girls and boys club, Wild Turkey Fed, etc. The money donations are close to half from a few years ago. Another problem is most all of the banquets are the same time of year(spring).

Our board is beginning to talk about doing away with the banquet and holding possibly 20-30 gun raffle instead. Some of the members are against it because they like the social gathering of the banquet, then again, they are the same 8-10 that come to monthly meetings and bitch about ANY changes. Currently, most of the banquet volunteers are getting burnt out.

Another thing we need to watch out for is that the state (not positive on this) only allows a non profit 3 raffles per year with a $50k limit total, so I'm not sure if a calendar type of raffle can be done.

I personally(being involved the last three years) would like to do away with the banquet and have raffles.

I've thought about just having a fundraiser shoot at the club, but we only have about 25 active shooters each week, and the others would not participate. Currently we generate more money from the nonmember vacationers each year than we do from the membership.

So, I'd also like to hear some other ideas.

Doug Braker

Northstar Sportsmens Club

Walker, MN

11. StansCustoms

More the better...thanks guys.

Some good stuff here...

Any others that have profitable programs in their clubs?

...please keep it comming.

Best regards..Stan

12. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Fun & games once a month Sept-March. Annie's and buddies great fun
    and the club makes money.

Bill

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Friday fish fries for Edwardsville Gun Club. They've been doing it for ages and doing it well. Folks come from miles around and the fish is great. Beautiful setting too.

14. missemucho

missemucho Member

Our club hosts two gun shows a year at the local fair grounds; next to dues, this is our biggest money maker.
    John

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

One of the clubs I shoot at has an increase in shooting the wobble trap, one reecent shoot they shot 9 squads, they could have shot 15 or more squads of it,

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

A "T & A" show, I can't remember the bar and social hall ever being that crowded. Bulge.

17. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

After WWII The Spokane Gun Club set-up a downtown club room that served as a lunch and general gathering spot for members in the area. Slot machines were legal at the time and earned the club enough to buy 100 acres of land for a new clubsite, a clubhouse on the grounds and installation of 16 traps.

The slots were outlawed in the 1950's.

The club is still there, and most of the ground, which appraised for $7 million a few years ago.

18. StansCustoms

Thanks again gentlemen...some more very good ideas.

Keep 'em comming...!

Best regards...Stan M.

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Barrelbulge, we did the same thing at our club 30 years ago. Forgot about them, but that was the most profitable fund raiser we ever had. LOL The last one was 12 kegs of beer and plenty of st******. Made money hand over fist but that particular night ended all future fundraisers like that.LOL

We have became so politically correct.

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The Grand...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best events for your night club

best money making events

best money making fitness events