1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEST MODEL OF LJUTIC?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

What is the best model ljutic? What would be a good price?

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

hard to beat an original Monogun and the X73 is usually priced cheaper and is essentially the same gun. There have been many offered on this site for $3-4K.

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

All ljutics are fantastic guns, but since the ljutic change over I think they have gone down hill a little. if you want a great gun purchase a mono that was manufatured before 2000. good shooting, young guns

4. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Beretta Young Gun,

Out of curiosity, upon what do you base your opinion that Ljutic has gone down hill a little? Personal experience? It seems to me that while they suffered a bit a few years ago, that now they are well on the road to recovery...they are, after all, a small family-operated company that makes essentially custom-made guns...not the one-size fits all variety. A Ljutic is not necessarily an "everyman's" gun.

WNCRob

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

My Mono 111 is been thru 3 people since 1967 and has only been back to Ljutic for a reblueing once and nothing else but a winter tune up !!!! I`ve owned it for 12 years and knowing what I do about the durability of a Ljutic , I should have taken out a loan and bought an O/U when I was younger if they were made then .

6. old tex

old tex TS Member

I started with a Mono #8_, couple of other Mono's now SS Centenial (dyno).

All were excellent, built like a tank and the Centenial has a great release trigger, lightning lock time and very low recoil!

Nadine is a wonderful source for info.

Good folks and MADE IN AMERICA!!!!!!!

7. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Al offered to make a combo for me many years ago but it was out of my financial range even back then, darn. Whatever one fits you and you have confidence in will be the one to own. I shoot a low rib mono they tell me was made in 1983 and according to the factory history I am the third owner. Both of the first two have passed away. They couldn't wear it out and I'm sure I won't either.

Big Jack

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I have to agree with WNCRob.

Nothing wrong with these newer models.

Hauxfan!

9. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I agree with pretty much everyone above, Ljutics are great guns. I owned a mid-rib Mono first, then a Handicap Mono with a slightly higher rib, and my next one will be a One-Touch, which I think is the best one they've made thus far. I made a bonehead move and traded my last Ljutic on a Kolar, but it won't be around much longer!

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Rumor has it it's a used one.

11. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

IMHO, The "DYNATRAP" Been shooting the same one for the past 15 yrs.
    It went home only once for trigger work.
    I would love too buy a New Gun, But Old "DYNA" just keeps breaking Birds.
    Like the man said; "If it aint broke, Dont fix it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.