1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Military Quote

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 2500 HD, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Oct 21, 2011
    "When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual,

then it became Optional, and now it's Legal.

I'm getting out before Obama makes it mandatory."

GySgt Harry Berres,

2. porky

porky TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Good thinking
  3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Northeastern MD @ the top o the Bay
    Lead,..Follow or get the hell out of my way...G. Patton
  4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    IL(The gun friendly Southern Part)
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. "

--General Patton--
  5. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Palm Coast, Florida
    "War is killling"
    "I haven't met the sob alive that can kill me and live"

LTG Nathan B. Forest
  6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Oct 28, 2009
    "All glory is fleeting." -Gen. George Patton
  7. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2008
    S.E. Iowa
    "Plans are indispensible but quite often useless"

Dwight Eisenhower

Improvise, adapt, overcome, persevere
    The Marines
  8. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Nov 4, 2007
    WD1 and rule of thumb!
  9. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Now that one I don't understand. "WD1 and rule of thumb!"?

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2007
    "being responsible is bound to piss someone off!"

Jan 29, 1998
    If it moves salute it

If it doesnt move, move it

If you can't move it, paint it

For new recruits
  12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    We are surrounded! Now we can kill them (Chinese) in every direction. Chesty Puller, Chosen Reservoir, Korea
  13. jdavis_14482

jdavis_14482 TS Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Sign in local VFW

It's not the price you pay for membership.
    It's the price you paid to become eligible.
  14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    In the Cabana
    Oh $hit

George Custer

AEST BOSS Member

Apr 21, 2009
    "Drop your cocks and grab your socks!"

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, Full Metal Jacket
  16. 1DIRT

1DIRT TS Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Mary Jane Rotten Crotch.
  17. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Sort of picking on the French....

'France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes.'

Mark Twain

'I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me.'

General George S. Patton

'Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion.'

Norman Schwartzkopf

'We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it.'

Marge Simpson

'As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure.'

Jacques Chirac, President of France

'The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee.'

Regis Philbin

'You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it.'

John McCain , U.S. Senator from Arizona

'The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag.'

David Letterman

'War without France would be like .. World War II.'

'The favorite bumper sticker in Washington D.C. right now is one that says 'First Iraq , then France .'

Tom Brokaw

'What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of its national will fighting against Disney World and Big Macs than the Nazis?'

Dennis Miller

'It is important to remember that the French have always been there when they needed us.'

Alan Kent

'They've taken their own precautions against al-Qa'ida. To prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white flag, and a three-day supply of mistresses in the house.'

Argus Hamilton

'Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day --the description was, 'Never shot. Dropped once.'

Rep. Roy Blunt, MO

'The French will only agree to go to war when we've proven we've found truffles in Iraq '

Dennis Miller

Q. What did the mayor of Paris say to the German Army as they entered the city in WWII?

A. Table for 100,000 m'sieur?

'Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris? It's not known, it's never been tried.'

Rep. R. Blount, MO

'Do you know it only took Germany three days to conquer France in WWII? And that's because it was raining.'

John Xereas, Manager, DC Improv

French Ban Fireworks at Euro Disney(AP), Paris , March 5, 2003

The French Government announced today that it is imposing a ban on the use of fireworks at Euro Disney. The decision comes the day after a nightly fireworks display at the park, located just 30 miles outside of Paris , caused the soldiers at a nearby French Army garrison to surrender to a group of Czech tourists.
  18. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.- Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.

Aim towards the Enemy.- Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.- U.S. Marine Corps

Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.- USAF Ammo Troop

If the enemy is in range, so are you.- Infantry Journal

It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.- U.S. Air Force Manual

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
    General MacArthur

Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo.- Infantry Journal

You, you, and you . Panic. The rest of you, come with me.- U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.

Tracers work both ways.- U.S. Army Ordnance

Five second fuses only last three seconds.- Infantry Journal

Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last, and don't ever volunteer to do anything.- U.S. Navy Swabbie

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.- David Hackworth

If your attack is going too well, you're walking into an ambush.- Infantry Journal

No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection.- Joe Gay

Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once.- Anonymous

Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do.- Unknown Marine Recruit

Don't draw fire; it irritates the people around you.- Your Buddies

If you see a bomb technician running, follow him.- USAF Ammo Troop

Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death .. I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing.- At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base Kadena, Japan

You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3.- Paul F. Crickmore (test pilot)

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. Blue water Navy truism:

There are more planes in the ocean than submarines in the sky.- >From an old carrier sailor

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe.

When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash.

Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another expensive flying club.

What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; If ATC screws up, ... the pilot dies.

Never trade luck for skill.

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are:
    Why is it doing that?
    Where are we?
    and "Oh S...!

Weather forecasts are horoscopes with numbers.

Progress in airline flying: now a flight attendant can get a pilot pregnant."

Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."

A smooth landing is mostly luck; two in a row is all luck; three in a row is prevarication.

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

Mankind has a perfect record in aviation; we never left one up there!

Flashlights are tubular metal containers kept in a flight bag for the purpose of storing dead batteries.

Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it.

When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

Just remember, if you crash because of weather, your funeral will be held on a sunny day.

Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII: "When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to
    strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible.

The Piper Cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can just barely kill you.- Attributed to Max Stanley (Northrop test pilot)

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum.- Jon McBride, astronaut

If you're faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the crash as possible.- Bob Hoover (renowned aerobatic and test pilot)

Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you.

There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime." - Sign over squadron ops desk at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, 1970

If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to.

Basic Flying Rules: Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there

You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal."

As the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, having torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck arrives, the rescuer sees a bloodied pilot and asks "What happened?" The pilot's reply: "I don't know, I just got here myself! - Attributed to Ray Crandell (Lockheed test pilot)
  19. johnboy

johnboy Member

Jan 29, 1998
    War is hell!
  20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    You piece of SHI*---"MAGGOT"!!!!!---From every Marine Drill instructor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.