1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Mercury Recoil Reducer?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Need to add some weight to my 687 to better balance it back a bit since it seems very front heavy and also help with the recoil. Three rounds of skeet yesterday and I am feeling a bit bit beat and my shoulder aches. I read all the discussions on using lead, shot, etc, but I just wanted to get a mercury-type unit, so which ones are the best? C&H?

Thanks

2. dzeh

dzeh Member

A free one works best in my opinion; otherwise the C&H is good. I have a couple of them.

3. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

C&H is absolutly the best one---(because I have one for sale--$25 plus ship--could send a pic if you like).
    Or, you could just add some weight to the stock!
    regards
    Bob

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

nanuk, you have PM.

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Don't know if I should go with the 11oz or the 16oz. Since the SP5 is faily light (~6.8bls) I was thinking of getting the 16oz....thoughts?

Thanks

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I had never used a mercury suppression device for my shotgun before, however, I just recently purchased a very nice, custom made stock for my gun and it had a C&H unit already in it. I shot it for the first time yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of recoil it took out. The gun is much softer shooting than it was with the same loads and is very comfortable to shoot. I"m not sure if it's because the stock fits me so well, or the mercury unit is doing its job, but, either way, I'm going to leave it in.... Just my experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.