1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best mattress

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jimborn, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

Looking for a new mattress, mine is killin' my back, any suggestions???

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Air bed and a 3 inch foam top.

3. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Waterbed.

took care of all my back problems.

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

depends where you live. In ohio and around check out the original mattress company. Great products and they stand behind what they make. Double sided and some of the other companies only have single sided mattress. Check the link. they are real fair motordoc they might deliver to your area also

5. carv

carv Member

I just bought an Innomax Medallion bed about a month ago. The best money I have spent in a long time. I bought it from John Smith of Innomax mattresses of Va.. I highly recommend him and the mattress. Cut and past the link to his store. http://www.mattressalternative.com/

Past the links to watch videos about the bed made by Innomax of Va.
    Video 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncz6yNfN4p8&list=UL
    Video 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va42NFHSwO8
    Video 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DAk9GXaAyk&list=ULVa42NFHSwO8
    Last one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z4An70m2Cg&list=ULd5m1ug01HS0

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

We've been sleeping on a Simmons Beautyrest "Back Care" for 9 years...still wonderful...

Ron

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Wife and I bought one of the memory foam matresses by Serta about 3 months ago. It did nothing for our backs. Can't tell you what is best but I can say what didn't work. Bulge.

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Charlize Therons,..but I doubt I'll ever be able to confirm

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Natural Latex. 3 years and I love it. Immediate back relief felt on it. As APRICE mentioned, don't get "memory foam". My latex one is perfect, never too hot or cold. Mine is Kluft.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I got an up graded version of the select comfort air mattress--put all the standard mattress to shame & another plus is the ease of changing sheets, etc.--try lifting a Cal. King--it is easy.

Phil Berkowitz

11. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

The wife and I just bought new waterbed california queen size mattresses and I built new frames and headboards. Nothing like it for room and comfort. And she's still in the same room as I am. Bill

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Vera Wang latex here. Had it about 5 years and love it.

13. rrose

rrose TS Member

sleep number air matress, had it now for 3 years and still look forward to laying in it every night. randy

14. James344

James344 Active Member

Second the vote for the sleep number. Had mine for nearly 5 years now and still love it.

15. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Tempur Pedic

16. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Bought a sleep number about 7 or 8 years ago for "my bad back", not real impressed with it, especially for the price, wife still says it's OK, I can sometimes sleep all night on it but usually wind up on the floor or couch. Also have been having trouble with her side not holding air, tried new "O" rings--bought new pump etc. When we called the Co. they were very good about trying to help but no fix yet, so don't know what we will do. Ross Puls

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I sold mattresses a number of years for Sleepys. Crappy company but great selection. First of all, mattress warranties suck and a real joke when you try to collect-next to impossible. Don't fall for their comfort guarantee as you'll end up paying almost as much again for a new replacement. The neat part is when they re-sell your used mattress as new or "outlet" merchandise. Understand that the markup on mattresses is phenominal. Best time to shop is the last days of the month when the DM needs a few more sales added to his bonus. Many times he'll accept a ridiculous low ball offer. Some mattresses like S&F have a fixed price. You can negotiate free delivery, takeaway old and maybe a new frame. Go for it all!

Remember, shop end of month, lowball the sticker price at least 25% of more, way more at end of month and get everything included-be piggy!

That said, look at Chatham & Wells at high end or Stearns & Foster at the lower end. Make sure they don't talk you into single sided mattresses as they will not hold up. Forget Sealy, Serta and Simmons and remember-mattressses don't last forever-around 8 years for the cheaper "S" company models!!

18. Greevesman

Greevesman Member

Duxbead, of course!

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Tempur-Pedic

20. biff

biff Active Member

I think I've tried them all! Most will possibly do, but if you want the Best and Most Healthy sleep, I recommend what we are presently using and that is a Natural Taladay Latex mattress with an organic cotton with natural wool pad. We also use natural Latex latex pillows made of the same stuff.

We owned a Tempurpedic matterss and couldn't wait to get rid of it. It as well as air beds, water beds and waffle foam covers are made of petroleum distillates and are very unhealthy; if it smells, it isn't healthy. The Taladay Latex is made without any chemicals in the process as it is natural rubber from a tree. You will never wear out this bed nor will you ever want to give it up!

They are expensive, but well worth it and will outlast most mattresses 3x or who knows how long they will last. Check them out on line, you will learn alot as to what is healthy! And yes, I do remember sleeping in the loft on a corn shuck mattress at my grandparents, now that was sweet!! Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.