1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best low cost home trap machine?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shot410ga, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about a purchase of a portable trap machine, battery powered, wheels, voice activated, that I can take out to the woods, and set up for a couple of hours at a time. I don't have the land for a trap layout. I would be using it alone.

Have any of you done this? If so, what machine would you recomend? Best price -vs- reliabilty -vs- ease of setup -vs- ease of use?

Thanks, for the info.

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Good question, but you might get more responses if you asked it on a "sporting clays" board since it is the sporting clays shooters who are looking for practice on targets of various angles, speeds, distances, trajectories, etc.

For a dyed-in-the-wool trap shooter, if the target is not "perfectly" presented, then it's a "no target". (Wink) Since most of these inexpensive target throwers can't throw consistently "perfect" targets time after time, most trap shooters aren't interested in them.

Easystreet

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Buy a stick that throws targets... use your arm. Fred

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Check out Promatic. They make a #275 trap that throws great targets, and it can be used for regulation trap or just playing around.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

When you throw targets in the woods how are you going to avoid hitting the trees?

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

We have an Atlas machine for hunter ed. Works pretty good. Pneumatic tires, single stack, works on a 12 volt battery.

7. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I've used a Promatic "super hawk" for the past few years & love it. I have it set up with a long range wireless release & a voice release so I can move to any spot within approx. 75 yds & call for the target. It is battery operated, on a portable little trailer, & holds 60 targets. The whole outfit set me back less than $1500 at the time & I can add a wobble base for I believe an additional $500.

I shoot mostly sporting but do shoot a lot of trap & skeet also. It allows me to practice alone & duplicate nearly any clay presentation. Good outfit.

8. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I looked at the promatic at the grand. They looked well built, for your use it may be just right ???

9. Jornski

Jornski TS Member

ebay has a seller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.