1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best little gun club in the USA?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dud25, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dud25

Dud25 TS Member

My Wife are starting to look for a place to retire. We are living in Wisconsin now but hope to move south
    and get out of the winter weather. were looking for a place that has a well run active trap club.were hoping to come up with a list of some of the countries nicest club that we might visit and help us make a decision.

Thanks Guys
    Dudley

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Madras Oregon, east of the Cascades and Mt. Hood, semi-high desert. I know it's not south of the Mason Dixon line but it's a nice little club with some folks that believe in a hand shake.....Bob Dodd

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm not sure how far south you want to go but Oxford Gun Club is a great club to shoot at. It's located in Oxford Pa, South Eastern Chester County, right next to the tri-state area of Maryland, Delaware and Pa. There are several other good clubs in the area.

Rich in Indiana

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Try Gator Skeet and Trap in Gainesville, Florida.... No snow and up to this year very few really cold days. 8 ATA Fields 4 with Pats, Olympic bunker and 3 skeet fields.

Tom

5. missemucho

missemucho Member

Check out www.twinlakesgunclub.com in Mountain Home AR. Seems like everybody here is fleeing Chicago or like me, a refugee from CA. Check real estate prices here, but be sitting down when you do!
    John

6. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Being a Wisconsinite myself, your destination should be The KCTA in Smithville, MO. which is just north of Kansas City. Run by the best club manager in the country, Lynn Gipson. They shoot 12 months out of the year, leagues, games, and more reg. targets than your card has room for. They have a website, check 'em out. Weather is moderate year 'round ( for us Wisconsin folks anyway) and housing is reasonable.

Dick Gries

7. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Indian Creek shooting Center in Georgetown, Indiana. 4 fields shoots year round, awesome people with great food.

8. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

In south Jersey, Quinton Sportsmens Club. 3 trap fields, two skeet fields with stone houses, 5 stand, 100 bird sporting as well as covered pistol and rifle to 200 meters. And I live only ten mins. away. Brand new huge clubhouse that servesfood at main events, Tuesday, Friday,Sunday. And So. Jersey surf and turf or crab and muskrat, just kidding. But there is a local muskrat dinner every year. Personally, I prefer young woodchuck to marsh rabbit.

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Metro Gun Club, Houston, TX.

10. Mojo

Mojo Member

Polk County Skeet and Trap - small well run and friendly. Housing is very affordable right now and you are only an hour or so from the Silver Dollar.
    They do have a website.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Hog Heaven in Tenn

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

There are some other threads on this issue. Do a search.

13. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

If it's South Carolina you may want to settle into, try the Mid-Carolina Gun Club just outside of Orangeburg...

This place has everything for the shooter..And I mean everything...

Dave in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.