1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Krieghoff Dealer?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Westie, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

Would appreciate your opinions on who would be the best dealer to buy a used Krieghoff from. Would also like their website address. Thanks.

2. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Bought mine from Joel Etchen Guns... Couldn't be happier.

3. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Bought one for a customer from Pat McCarthy (Dawson's). We were ALL happy...merlyn...

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Clay Target Sports... Chris Meast 1-609-921-9358. I'm as happy as everyone else is.

5. bbadini

bbadini TS Member

I buy all of my Krieghoff's from Chris Maest. He usually has a nice selection of used ones - all in top condition. Chris's web site is www.claytargetsports.com

6. kaycee

kaycee TS Member

I have purchased two guns from Chris Maest. Two other members of our club have done the same. We couldn"t be happier with him and our guns.Regards Kevin

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I called Clay Target Sports several times and no human being ever answered the phone. Always got an answering machine, which I won't talk to. Subsequently talked to Krieghoff, Int'l in Ottsville and got some moron who didn't even know Krieghoff was making LW sporter barrels with .740 bores....

I'd suggest either RK Sporting, Pacific Sporting or Hal DuPont. They seem to know what's going on.

8. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Rich Kaysa is known as Top Dealer and Gunsmith for Krieghoff.

9. fang1

fang1 TS Member

If you know what you want, its probably best price your looking for. It doesn't matter a bit who you buy it from. They wouldn't be a Krieghoff dealer long if the wern't dependable. Shop around.

FYI, mine came thru Rocky Mountain, an I live 900 miles from them.

Paul

10. gamehog2

gamehog2 TS Member

Just bought a used K-80 TS from these folks. Doesn't get any better than the service I was given.
    Darrel

11. shootsome

shootsome Member

I've found that John Herkowitz at Pacific Arms gives some pretty good answers to questions you might have about a K-80. He has obviously shot and thought about shooting a lot. I found Robert Paxton to be a nice guy but his answers to good questions were often meaningless drivel.

12. bigben

bigben Active Member

Pat McCarthy at Dawson Enterprises, not only is he a many time All-American, he uses Kreighoffs in competion, extremely knowledgeable, great person to deal with, and goes out of his way to help you, incinerate em!

13. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

You might check with Chris at Greenwood Sporting Arms in OR. I just got a K-80 from him. The guy literally bent over backwards to work with me. His pricing is very competitive and customer service is exceptional.

14. CIM

CIM TS Member

Call Rob Taylor he has the guns in stock and his prices are always great.

CIM

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I made a very satisfactory purchase of the KS-5 Special from Joel Etchen several years ago - honest as could be with description and deal. I've also chatted with and bought gear from Gary at Rocky Mountain Clay Sports and would feel totally comfortable making a deal with him.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

16. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

ALLEMS GUNCRAFT VERY SATISFIED.ALSO HIGH GRADE SHOOTERS IN PA.

17. trapcrew

trapcrew TS Member

I have three K80 combo's from Gary @ Rocky Mountain Clay Sports. His knowledge of the equip and performance is next to none. To date all his used guns are gone throught by an authorized gunsmith. The last thing Gary wants is a dis-satisfied customer. He has been a dealer since the early 80's. You can't miss with Rocky Mountain Clay Sports. John

18. southpark

southpark TS Member

Look, everyone's mileage may vary here and obviously many people above are happy with those they suggest.

For me, I did not enjoy my conversation with Gary at Rocky Mountain at all. I cannot give you any reasons so please don't think I'm bad mouthing him. His conversation style was just not to my taste...at all.

I tried to get real money pricing for some things from Rob Taylor but got mostly retail pricing info back which was not at all what I asked for.

Both John Herkowitz at Pacific Sporting Arms and Pat McCarthy at Dawson's provided the information I needed and quoted the best prices.

I am going to be buying from one of these guys and would be very comfortable with either.

So it sounds like there are a bunch of good folks out there to buy from so just call them all and see which one you like best, or buy close to home.

Good luck.

19. viperrt

viperrt Member

Bought my trap special and a stock lock from Pat McCarthy. Very happy with the deal. Also if you go to Dawson's website, they are going to have fixed choke trap specials, which I understand is exclusive to them. Bill

20. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I don't know of a "bad" Krieghoff dealer, but you can't go wrong with Robert Paxton or Chris Maest. Both honest, good service, and knowledgable dealers...both are completely straight shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best krieghoff dealer

krieghoff dealers