1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Job To Support Trapshooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OneShooter, Aug 6, 2013.

1. OneShooter

OneShooter Member

In your honest opinion, what would be the ideal job to support trapshooting?

Conditions:
    1) Must be able to shoot your state's full Grand, and the Grand American (Or any other big event) at least once every two years.
    2) You can't have your own business, and any job related to trapshooting doesn't count.
    3) The job will pay enough to cover all shells, entry fees, and guns bought.
    4) You are only shooting for yourself.
    5) You must spend $25,000 for everything at home (you are also living alone).

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Managing your own portfolio worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Best, Dennis

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Find a job that you enjoy going to, and then shoot as often as you can afford. There is more to life than trap shooting. Put money away for retirement, so that you can shoot when you do have the time. Nothing worse than going to a job you hate every day. Mark

4. OneShooter

OneShooter Member

Mark, I was asking this as to see what people would come up with more or less. It's just for fun

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

OK, Then an NBA basketball player. You get summers off. Mark

6. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

I just started work as a design engineer. I definitely could meet all those requirements and then some. I enjoy my job and work normal business hours so I can go shoot after work and weekends.

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I always wanted a job/position that would pay me enough to shoot anytime I wanted. Well, I got that position, but now I don't have the time because of it. Trade offs - life is full of them.

I also got married and became a homeowner also. That takes $$$ and time. I agree with a statement above - there is more to life than shooting. I invest heavily and save everything I can also. I had a life changing moment a few years ago financially. In the past, I would not have shot anything less than a Perazzi or Krieghoff - I now shoot a 391. I shot new Federal papers all the time along with a few Nitro 27's - I now shoot Rio's. I enjoy life, but I am worried deeply about this country, our money, and my retirement.

8. Whitlash2U

Whitlash2U Member

$174,000 + yearly salary, working part-time on the east coast. Would shoot every weekend when you are back in your home state.

9. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Farmer, lots of money, lots of spare time.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Have you noticed there are a lot of school teachers, principals,and higher positions and they have the summers off and can shoot during summer vacations of nearly 3 months a year, and a lot of them are also delegates, and on the Central Handicap Committee, and why is this position changed on a regular basis.

Gary Bryant

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Who says you can't own your own business?

However, If you do it right, and you're honest, you won't have time to shoot. The business and family time will consume you.

12. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

It's not plastic surgeon. I love my work and have zero complaints in my entire life but I and all the surgeons I know work a ton and a good income is only helpful if you have time to shoot.

13. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Trust fund baby

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Be a "Kept Man" like me!,

Women with money is the way to fly.

Curt

15. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

To the guy that said if you own your own business and it consumes you and you have no time to shoot, then you are not running your business right and need help. You should be working on your business, not in it. Owning your own business should allow you freedom and finances to do anything you want, within reason.

16. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

rob banks.

Its too expensive!!! To many targets, too many fees, too much gas money, food money, hotel money, reloading components are too expensive, factory loads are too, etc...

If you want to be a weekend shooter then no extra job is needed.

If you want to be a registered shooter and do it right, you got to have money so you got to have a good job, OR you are retired and saved and invested, OR trapshooting IS your only hobby and you don't do the beach, other trips, other vices.... you bring you wife and kids and "shooting" is the vacations.

17. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Why work a job? Marry a minority woman with 12 under age kids then move to California. Let the state support you and your trapshooting...it's the (NEW) American way!

...see "How To" instructions all over You Tube.

milt

18. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Pimp! Based on years of experience around trap clubs, no one will give you crap about your gun regardless of how fancy it is; no one CAN give you crap about the way you dress. You have a fancy ride to the club and back and none of your girls will complain that you are spending too much time or money shooting and pay attention to them and if you are late returning from a shoot they are out working so you have money for new guns, clothes, cars and ammo. YMHO

19. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...YOU NEVER GET CUT OFF!!

20. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

Democratic president!