1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best hard case for airlines?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jornski, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jornski

Jornski TS Member

What is the best hard case to travel with on the airlines? looking at Pelican 1700 but a bit pricey. Input please Thanks John

2. Scott Thompson

Scott Thompson TS Member

I have the Pelican 1700 case and I like it a lot. The wheels are a big help in lugging that thing around from the parking lot to the counter at O'Hare.

When I got my new gun I ordered new foam from them and now I have two setups depending on which gun I need to take with me.

--Scott

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Warwick great cases and are very well made. You will be pleased.

4. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Check out the Warwick Gun Case. I have a 2 gun 3 barrel alumimum case since 1996 and have a ton of air miles on it. The airline crews have not distroyed it yet. The overall condition of the case is VERY GOOD even after those miles. I have had the Pelican case and Americase. I would chose the Warwick. Price and quality can't be beat.

CHEERS

5. bajan100

bajan100 TS Member

Pelican........Travelled from Canada to Australia and back with 4 flight changes and not a problem (wheels for easy movement)....Survived in "A 1" shape the rough handling of baggage handlers.......Minimal marks and Guns (2) in great shape.....Highly reccomended. Dave A,Cda.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My Browning Travel Vault is by Pelican Mfg and its built like a brick $hithouse, the promo literature says it'll withstand a tank running over it - believe it. While a bit heavy (if carried), its wheels permit wheeling it around with little effort and comparing it to metal cases - I would say it is no heavier.

I have the takedown version and have flown many times with it. The exterior is made from some type of injection molded poly material, which takes on just about anything and still looks good. The interior has a heavy density foam that is custom cut by you for your configuration with a bread knife or electric slicer. The perimeter has a full o-ring and purge valve and can be used as a flotation device in the event of a water landing! (LOL)

Case cost is relative...whatever you purchase don't chintz!

Jay Spitz

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The SKB case with wheels would be my choice. Soon as my aged Doskocil wears out(it's almost there).

The big one weighs too much, AI would use the next smaller. You are only allowed 50 lbs for the one piece, and need to consider how much the case weighs.

HM

8. Jornski

Jornski TS Member

Thanks everyone

9. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

The Warwick 2 gun case has a wheel set-up for those. Just contact Paul. It could go on a combo case.

Cheers

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Browning/Pelican Travel Vault!!....mine's 17 years old and still a fortress for my guns...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.