1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Gunsmith for a Bowen/Perazzi ReleaseTrigger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by J.D. Squire, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

I'd go back to the guy that made it.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Bruce Bowen 605-347-3133 is the maker.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The set screw is for the sear's engaement into the hammer. It really shouldn't be used to "change" the release speed...pull or release. It should be used to only get a full engagement of the release hook on the hammer's pin.

As with all releases, the timing will eventually change...generally not for the good. The release portion will gradually get faster and faster. It will, at some point, be un-adustable (for correction), with use of the set screw. You could remove the set screw to allow the sear to fully fill the hammer notch, and still only have the release hook catch the hammer's pin mid way. This is because of the wear on the hook where the hammer pin gets caught, and on the bottom side of the release hook's tail.

Doug Braker

4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Kerry Allor in St. Clair, Michigan gets my vote.He does excellent work. If you talk with Kerry, I think Bowen & Allor have worked together. I have been impressed with Allor's work on triggers.

Joe Woods/Ontario

5. lunitic

lunitic Member

another vote for Allor/Barrel Works pm if you need a phone number

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best perazzi gunsmith