1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best gun for sporting/skeet/trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quick2, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quick2

quick2 Member

Trying to shoot all three domains with a trap gun didn't work very well going to try to buy a sporting gun, maybe a berretta 687 or something of that nature.
    Any suggestions currentlu shooting 85tss skb

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Why a Perazzi mx8, of course!

3. fly

fly Active Member

I shoot a K80 with 32 inch sporting barrels, (flat rib) and have a Monte Carlo Trap stock, but don't recall the number they reference it by. Shoots about 80/20. I have used it for 16 yard trap, skeet and Sporting, and it works good for me in all 3. Is it perfect for all, probably not, but it shoots where i look. I have also tried it this year for ATA Doubles and it works good there too.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You need one of these. Right barrel Trap, middle barrel Skeet and Left barrel Sporting Clays. Or is it Right barrel Skeet, left barrel Trap and right barrel Sporting Clays? Or is it..............Heck, i can't remember now. :)

[​IMG]

5. leadingedge

leadingedge Active Member

I shoot a 34" MX-10 o/u for all the disciplines, like one of the other guys said, it shoots where I look.

Darrell

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Beretta 390

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I would look into a Beretta 682 Gold E. John

8. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I have your best "all game" gun. Caesar Guerini Impact combo (32"/34"). Thinking about selling as I shoot a KX-5 near 90% of the time now. PM if interested.

9. Raybren

Raybren Member

Best gun for the money is a Browning XS Special with a straight stock. You can shoot all games without putting a lot of money in a gun. Ray

10. johnboy

johnboy Member

Krieghoff with what ever length of barrels you prefer for skeet/sporting clays, set of sub guage tubes and a 32-34 inch trap barrel. Also adj. comb and butt plate.

11. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

A good runner for this might be a Benelli Super Sport. I shot one for trap and skeet a few years back and it did quite well for both disciplines. Itnwas designed with SC in mind, so I would think a good gun for your goals....Cya

PS: you can use a shell catcher when shooting trap, then swing it out of the way for skeet & SC. Birch wood Casey makes a good one for that....

12. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Boy, do I have it wrong! I thought the only reason to shoot different games was to have a "need" for more guns. Jack

13. MaxumImpact

MaxumImpact TS Member

I shoot all three with a CG Maxum Impact 32". Great gun, great balance, and has a great deal of adjustment. Love my Caesar Guerini.....

14. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

I shoot all three games with a 30" Caesar Guerini Sporting Impact and like the post from MaxumImpact above.....I love my Guerini....too.

15. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

I do shoot all three disceplines and hunt/field trial with a MX8 that is Briley choked, and a couple of butt stocks. It is my go to gun. Live Well Wayne

16. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

Browning Citori 525 is what I shot all games with for quite a while until I got the XT.

17. Erik W

Erik W Member

A Krieghoff O/U or a Win M21 SxS. As I get older am more inclined to lighter loads of 1 oz or less. Like the LW Kguns; the K32 Phantom or K80 LW. As light guns go, they are not really superlite, especially if nice wood. A M21 will weigh about same. Both durable target or live bird guns depending on set-up.

18. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

A sporting clays model 30" will cover the three games,as long as you change chokes and dont mind a flat shooter for trap.
    Ive a 687 28"bbl,and shot straights in skeet/trap without much effort, and do aight in sporting also.

19. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

There is no universally known "best gun". Everyone needs to find the one that suits them best. There are many excellent choices. My personal choice is a Krieghoff. However, the next guy may find he shoots a Perazzi better than anything else. I suggest you try as many as you can. Mike

20. leftex

leftex Active Member

One of my favorites is a Remington 1100 with a Jack West stock and a 30" Rem Choke barrel. Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.