1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best grease for a beretta O/U?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cmmonaco78, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

I wanted to get an idea of a good quality grease for maintaining a 682. I have read that axel grease works great and is as good as the expensive stuff. I have also heard that only beretta grease is what I should be using. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Christopher Monaco

2. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

I'use ky jelly on my baby I was told it's so you don't hurt the one you love !! I sure do love my beretta 687

3. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I use white lithium grease on my 682 but I think that are several brands out there that will work fine. The only problem with grease is that dirt & powder residue will stick to it so cleaning the gun on a regular basis is more important the brand of grease that you use. John

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Been shooting a couple of Berettas for 15 years. Lubriplate has always done the job just fine, No odor, does not stain anything. I get it in the small toothpaste tube style containers. It is handy to use, compact to carry and does not leak inside my case. Lots of things will work fine, but this is what I use. Good Luck

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The answer is the same answer as all the other grease threads.

"Clean Grease" is the best for any gun. Apply, shoot, wipe off dirty grease and apply new for next time. That is the best grease for ALL guns. Yes i shoot a Beretta 682 myself and i use clean grease on mine.

7. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

So shoot the gun, clean the gun and all it's parts , re-apply after cleaning, then shoot again. Ect, Ect, Ect.

8. grntitan

"So shoot the gun, clean the gun and all it's parts , re-apply after cleaning, then shoot again. Ect, Ect, Ect."

Yep!! I know it sounds crazy but it works. I don't think you need to clean after every shot though. That might be a little anal. :)

P.S. Any good gun grease will work fine. Hoppes, STOS, CMD, etc. etc. etc.

9. Hemlock

Hemlock Member

I agree with MTA Tom. That CMD grease is great stuff. First time I saw it was in high school shop class. Used it on the deadcenters of the lathes. The machine shop I work in now still use it. Works good on MEC resizer collets too.

Ken

10. WBD

WBD Member

Lube it with what it came with...oil, not grease. That's what is recommended. WD

11. WBD

WBD Member

Lube it with what it came with...oil, not grease. That's what is recommended. WD

12. WBD

WBD Member

13. WBD

WBD Member

14. WBD

WBD Member

15. grntitan

There is a use for both oil and grease on a breakopen shotgun. It is your gun however and you may lube it the way you choose. Oil will hold dirt and grime as well. Either product you use, should include the same shoot, clean and re-apply method.

16. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Any good grease will work.

17. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

Where should I use oil and where should I use grease? Excuse the ignorance. Curently just use oil on my 870 but just ordered a 682.

18. grntitan

This is how i lube mine. The Red arrows indicate where i apply a light coat of grease. The Yellow areas indicate where i apply a thin layer of gun oil. Just my method but should give you the idea.

grntitan_2009_2503133.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503136.jpg

19. GI

GI Member

Thanks for the pictures! They really help.

20. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Good photos and advice grntitan. To echo others about the choice of grease, yes most any type will do but I like white lithium just because you can see when it becomes fouled and needs to be removed and reapplied. A little dab will do ya, I use a big syringe that I got out of a turkey marinade injecting kit. Holds about 50 cc of grease which lasts me for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta gun grease

beretta white grease

beretta white gun grease
best gun greese for barretta 682 shotgun
best o&u shotgun grease
grease baretta
grease for beretta
white grease beretta