1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best factory trap load prices and where?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scootermac50, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Where is the best place to buy good trap shells?
    From 3 + dram for handicap to something a bit light for singles and doubles?
    I found some Remington Top gun shells for 49.00 a flat. Shipping on the damn things is almost as much as the flat! Anyone know of somewhere that has good deals with free shipping? Let me know.

Scott

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Scott,

What's wrong with Sportsmen's? Estate's for about $52/case (less 5%). Or are you dead set on Remington's?

Get Brad to put you in touch with JB. He does large buys from Mitchell occasionally.

Scott

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Generally you have to buy a pallet of shells for free shipping.

4. Scootermac50

Not a thing is wrong with sportsmans. I guess I have just become addicted to shopping online. I haven't ever shot the Estate shells, so due to my ignorance I never paid attention to them. I will give them a go for 50 a flat. Options on dram good?

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't seem to run into Estate Light 7-1/2s much.

Sportsmen's usually has 1oz 8s and 3 dram, 1-1/8 oz 7-1/2s which is ok for me since i use the former for both shots in doubles, and the latter for handicap.

Check out the one in Orem. They should be able to help. Either there or 7200 South.

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Scootermac50

Last year I shot many flats of Estates handicaps from the 27 and they will smoke targets out of my Perazzi. No problems with the breaks at all at least out of my gun. Recoil was no worse than any handicap if that is what you are looking for.

Just a word of advice though...don't cut any of them open and look at the shot. The ones I cut open and checked (which were several) had shot that looked like a drunk sailer made them with a homemade shot maker.

They were slightly less than an 1 1/8 and there were all different sizes and shapes. Many were welded together and about half were oblong. However, it didn't seem to matter, they still broke targets fine. I would have never known if I didn't look at the components.

P.S. I only shot them in warm weather so I don't know how they react when it is cold outside. Some different brands do make a difference.

Mark Rounds

7. Scootermac50

V10... Is this the Hoove?

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

That's Mr. Hoover, to you. ;)

9. Scootermac50

Where is the best place to buy good trap shells?
    From 3 + dram for handicap to something a bit light for singles and doubles?
    I found some Remington Top gun shells for 49.00 a flat. Shipping on the damn things is almost as much as the flat! Anyone know of somewhere that has good deals with free shipping? Let me know.

Scott

10. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Scott,

What's wrong with Sportsmen's? Estate's for about $52/case (less 5%). Or are you dead set on Remington's?

Get Brad to put you in touch with JB. He does large buys from Mitchell occasionally.

Scott

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Generally you have to buy a pallet of shells for free shipping.

12. Scootermac50

Not a thing is wrong with sportsmans. I guess I have just become addicted to shopping online. I haven't ever shot the Estate shells, so due to my ignorance I never paid attention to them. I will give them a go for 50 a flat. Options on dram good?

13. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't seem to run into Estate Light 7-1/2s much.

Sportsmen's usually has 1oz 8s and 3 dram, 1-1/8 oz 7-1/2s which is ok for me since i use the former for both shots in doubles, and the latter for handicap.

Check out the one in Orem. They should be able to help. Either there or 7200 South.

14. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Scootermac50

Last year I shot many flats of Estates handicaps from the 27 and they will smoke targets out of my Perazzi. No problems with the breaks at all at least out of my gun. Recoil was no worse than any handicap if that is what you are looking for.

Just a word of advice though...don't cut any of them open and look at the shot. The ones I cut open and checked (which were several) had shot that looked like a drunk sailer made them with a homemade shot maker.

They were slightly less than an 1 1/8 and there were all different sizes and shapes. Many were welded together and about half were oblong. However, it didn't seem to matter, they still broke targets fine. I would have never known if I didn't look at the components.

P.S. I only shot them in warm weather so I don't know how they react when it is cold outside. Some different brands do make a difference.

Mark Rounds

15. Scootermac50

V10... Is this the Hoove?

16. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

That's Mr. Hoover, to you. ;)

17. Scootermac50

Hahaha... It took me a second. The V10 then talking about Brad. It came together. How was Tucson? Brad and I talked about doing the Elko 1000 doubles...you plan on going out?

18. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Tucson? Cooler and more damp than I wanted. Didn't shoot well. Got a speeding ticket. But other than that it was good. LOL

I think I put the Elko thing in his head. We (JB and me) are planning on going. Not sure if Leslie is going. So we probably need two more. Chad and Jeremie are going to the Golden West (maybe), so I don't think they'll make it.

19. Macdaddy

Macdaddy Member

Hey V10 who is the scootermac50 guy?

20. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

He works for the UP with Brad. Remind me next time I see you and I'll tell you then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.