1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best electronic earmuffs ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mrpheyed, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpheyed

mrpheyed TS Member

I would like to buy a set of electronic earmuffs to be used for both trapshooting and hunting...any experiences or suggestions ? Thanks, Tim

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have Pro Ears, work fine.

The best, if you want the bullet proof high Quality top shelf model, are by MSA(Mine Safety Associates). The Supreme Pro Model is the one to have.

If you are going to use them for shooting you may want to consider Music player connection. This will add to the cost.

Prices go from 40 to 300 dollars for what's out there.

HM

3. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

I use "Walkers" muffs for big bore and the "game ear" for shotgunning.

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Peltor 6 Tacticals. When you get them home take them out of the frames and swap sides so that the indentation is at the bottom (the Peltor name will be upsidedown), this will give you even more stock clearance. Also take a paintpen and mark the knobs and the "off" postion so you don't forget and run the battery down. Each ear unit has separate 'AAA" batteries (2 - 4 total) and off/on volume controls so you can run on one side, then the other if you really want to stretch the usage. About the best out there.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I tried to edit the above post, but no luck. If thet link doesn't go dirsctly to it, go to google and type peltor 6 tactical in the search box. Should be the first choice. Good luck.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I've used the Peltor TacticalPros for trap and hunting for the last year or so and I love those. Adjustable volume and has music too if wanted.

stokinpls, for muffs to make noise against your stock comb after mounting the gun is to have some sort of movement between the head and comb. That noise tells a feller sumthing too huh? I call mine a personal teaching aid device to keep my head still with the comb when attacking a moving target. Hap

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

The Peltor unit is my choice. I have a pair of Walkers too. The peltor are lighter and cheaper, but are my preference.

8. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

FWIW, I went through 4 sets of the Peltors in a relatively short time. The left side stopped working on all 4 sets. Peltor did keep sending me replacements at no charge, but eventually I switched to the Remington (Model 2000?) that was recommended by someone on this site. I use them for hunting and target sports. They are also streamlined and so far no problems at all.

Peltor may have fixed this problem by now. When I bought my first set they were going for around $140.00. The same pair is about half that now for some reason. The Remington's were about $125.00 at Cabelas.

9. johnpe

johnpe Member

If you have a Harbor Freight outlet near you, they have a set on monoaurial (Spelling) electronic muffs that sell for about $25.00 - sometimes $10.00 on sale. They only have the one microphone and the sound goes to both ears at once. However, they cut out at about 85 dB and magnify normal sounds up to about 20 dB. I've been using one for a couple of years and am satisfied. Their ear cups are the best I've tried - bar none. Prior to getting this set, I had a $130 set of Remington electronics. The ear cups wore out in about 9 months and I've not been able to replace them. The electronics seem to be OK but are unusable without new cups.

Johnpe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

electronic earmuffs be used for hunting

electronic trapshooting