1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Electric Reloading Scale and despenser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doubles Xpert, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

I know this may be a bit off topic for a Shotgun crowd, Which is the best, Fastest, Most Accurate electronic Reloading scale and despensing unit out there?

Hornaday? RCBS? PACT? Lyman/1200? or the Smart ISD?

Any comments would be greatly appreaciated

Thanks

2. gregt

gregt TS Member

I don't know if it is the best or fastest but I have used a RCBS for about 5 years and I am very happy with it. Load many different rounds of highpower and check the weights on a balance scale. Have never had any difference as long a I calibrate it before using.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I bought a Lyman but always disliked the 30-minute warm-up. Then one of my favorite and most accurate rifle loads suddenly became inaccurate - pulling bullets and weighing the powder charges revealed a large inconsistency. I then bought an RCBS and have been happily using it for several years.

Ed

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I use a RCBS. Fast and holds up.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

RCBS is fine but slow. I know, I use one. They say the PACT is much faster!!

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I use the PACT, and it's fast and accurate. It does not like being in a cold room, fans, or wobbly tables. It will be within 1/10 under or right on every time.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Balance beam scale, powder trickler and manual dispenser. Using eletronics is asking for trouble.

For example if you want a load of 40 grains of powder. Drop 39.5 and put on scale set for 40 grains. Then trickle in the powder until the scale reads 40. Every load will be perfect. HMB

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have used a number over the years and had gone back to a beam and balance scale because of the unreliability of the electronic one especially the PACT which is a BIG POS.

I recently came across a inexpensive scale being offered by Ballistic Products....$25.00 and it works great.

Give it a try.

Tom

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

I am using a RCBS Chargemaster and am pleased with it.

Unless you do a lot of precision reloading, it is a waste of money. hmb's method works well for most.

I have a cheaper digital scale for shotgun loading. It is good for checking drops but really excels at finding a shell that has no powder when you need to weigh 250 shells.

Don Verna

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I have a Lyman new in the box for sale.

blade819

11. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

The RCBS electronic dispensers and scales are made by PACT. I have the RCBS, an older one that worked fine, but was slow. I borrowed a friends Lyman and it was much faster. I contacted PACT, sent my dispenser to them and they upgraded it to the faster version. It is now faster then the Lyman and no long warm up time.
    Upgrade cost was $ 75.00 plus $14.95 return shipping and handling. Pact's number in Grand Prairie, Tx is 972-641-0049

12. BD457

BD457 Member

I use a PACT and I set up my own check weights (with shot) for each load I use so I can check the consistancy of my scale at any time durring the process. I have one for 18.2 grains, 17.5 grains, and 492 grains. These were created using two different balance beams and then when I calibrate my electronic, I check all there of my test weights to be sure that everything is in sync with what I'm loading........works for me.

13. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I use the RCBS set up and have since they first came out. I have never had a problem with it and it is always W/I .10 grain. I use a tricler to make sure each load is the same charge weight. I shoot nothing but my handloads for hunting and I also load for my .308 Tactical Rifle using the same equipment.

Oscar

14. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Thanks For all your Input guys !!!

15. undersluice

undersluice Member

Guys - If you have not tried the My Weigh GemPro series digital scales,you are seriously missing on digital scales.

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my-weigh-gempro-500.html?gclid=CNjW2pf7h60CFaQbQgodiwFQnw

I accidently stumbled on it while trying to look for a new digital scale online. Surprisingly, it is not available at any of the major reloading stores with online presence. They carry the usual RCBS, Hornady ones, which have issues around accuracy and calibration.

Bought it through Amazon. It is basically a jeweller scale, with a higher precision than what we need for shotshell reloading. But works really well, does not lose its calibration and gives really accurate measurements.

Regards,
    JB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

top electric reload scales