1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Electric Powder Dispenser and Scale

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

I am ready to buy myself a Christmas present and it's going to be a new powder dispenser and scale. Would like your opinion on what is the best electric scale and dispenser for the money and what you like or don't like about yours. Also where is the best deals for these scales, Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I had a Lyman DPS and didn't like it. You are supposed to allow it to warm up for 30 minutes before using it and mine became inconsistent after a year or so. Rifle loads that shot accurately suddenly didn't until I started checking the powder charges on another scale and discovered a large variation. I exchanged it for an RCBS, thanks to MidwayUSA's liberal return policy.

The RCBS has been great.

Ed

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

I also have the RCBS Charge-master 1500.

Very happy with it. Every charge is exact with the push of a button.

Don Verna

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I use a PACK. Purchased direct from the manufacturer. It works perfect. Every load is either right on or 1/10 under programed weight. And it's very easy to dump the left over powder. Maybe that's the best feature. And all for under $200.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

RCBS is fine but very slow. I know, I've got one. Next time, I'd go with PACT as they're much faster!!

6. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I have a older RCBS digital scale that is made by PACT....wonder who makes the current RCBS version?

7. andybull

andybull Active Member

If money is no object get a Prometheus:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6scLPhkT-8w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6scLPhkT-8w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.6mmbr.com/prometheus.html

8. superump

superump TS Member

TTT thanx for great info and opinions

9. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have a PACT & very happy with it.

10. RJ

RJ TS Member

This came up in a thread before. I have a PACT dispenser and LED scale and love the whole thing. Have had no problems with it ecxcept for me having the problems. (Rich.inAz.orinnameonly)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best dispenser and scale

best electric powder dispensers
best electric powder scale