1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best DR Wad for AA Old Style Hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by N2deep, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N2deep

N2deep Member

Personally, I like the DRA-12s, both the 1oz and the 1 1/8 oz.. Please note that they are a little different than the Winchester wads and work well if you are filling the case so to speak.

I love the DR wads and believe the quality is better than the originals.

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I use the DR-XL 1 for 1 oz. loads and the Versalites for 1 1/8 oz.

Tim

3. shrek

shrek Active Member

for the old compression formed AA hulls the xl-1 and xl-118 fit better than the dra wads. the versalite is also a nice option in them for the 1 1/8 oz loads.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I don't load 1 1/8 oz, but for 1 oz loads, the DR A-12 wads were designed to fit better in the slightly reduced internal capacity of the new HS hulls compared to the CF hulls. They make a slightly prettier-looking crimp (less dish), that's all. They are slightly shorted than the XL-1 wads and accommodate bulky powder better in the less-roomy hull. The XL wads may be the better choice if you are using fine-grained powder but ballistically there's nothing to choose between the two.

Keller

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Since it doesn't sound like you have any DR wads yet why the question. Enamored with DR for some reason? Better choices in the world.

6. Unknown1

<blockquote><I>"Enamored with DR for some reason? Better choices in the world."</I></blockquote>claybrdr, name a couple names if ya don't mind...I'm always interested in a better product and why!

Keller

7. N2deep

N2deep Member

"Enamored with DR for some reason? Better choices in the world."
    Name a couple names if ya don't mind...I'm always interested in a better product and why!
    Keller

Me too!!!!!!!

8. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

I load rem's and old style win's. I prefer the drrf8 (rem fig 8 clone) as both work well with my mec over green dot with 1 1/8 loads. Te d's surly load smooth and look good on the crimp

Bob

9. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

WAA12 with 700x comes to mind.
    RXP12 too.
    i use the 12SO for 1oz loads with reddot in old school aa hulls. works great.

maybe i am old, but those use to be the standard benchmark loads.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

yeah, i'm enamored with DR's after Green dusters, winchesters, Remingtons and claybuster wads...

oh, also those ballistic products wads.

yeah, I like the DR's...

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Winchester AA12 and 12SL. Remington Tgt 12 and Figure 8. Heard of these?

12. Unknown1

Yeah... not much impressed either. All things being equal, I'd much rather give my money to an American company run by people who are interested in what they can do for shooters than to some polyglomerate global holding company that's only interested in what they can get OUT of shooters.

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.