1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best dealer for K80 Special or MX 2000

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kenf, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

I am looking at moving up to either a K80 trap special combo or Perazzi MX2000 or 2000RS combo. I haven't had the chance to shoot any of the guns yet, but I should be able to make the guns shoot where I look and lessen the learning curve. Both guns mount and balance naturally for me.

With that said, what dealers offer the best prices on the P or K gun. I have been to the Clay Target website and like the idea of the upgraded wood, fitting, and 1st annual for the trap special. Is this service the norm from other Krieghoff dealers, or do you end up paying for it with less of a markdown from MSRP?

Dawsons and Jaquas seem to have decent prices on Standard guns as well, but I doubt you would be able to swap wood, or be able to upgrade to a fancier receiver which could be possible at Clay Target.

I don't have a lot of experience with the Perazzi in both price or dealer reputation.

I am near Pittsburgh, so the trip to NJ or OH for a K gun dealer would not be bad, plus getting service in Ottsville would not be a big deal either.

Please feel to comment on the reliability of the gun if you own one or have had both. I have heard and read good and bad about both brands, guns blowing up, triggers breaking, etc.

One last thing, is there a better time of the year to buy either gun?

Thanks,
    Ken

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Robert Paxton in San Antonio

paxtonarms.com I think is his webpage

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

John Herkowitz of Pacific Arms would be my choice if you are on the West Coast.

Ronbo

4. JRW

JRW Member

If you decide on K gun I don't think you will find a better all around deal then Clay Target Sports. Chris will take the time needed to fit the gun to you. I do not know of any other dealer who will upgrade the wood without charging for it. Jerry

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Call Shotgun Specialties! They are located in Oxford Ohio. Dave or Doug Wolk
    800-344-7468,513-887-0290,513-403-2522.
    They will treat you well and are dealers for P and K guns!
    Rooferbob!

6. JGS

JGS Member

I recently traded in my K-80 for a Perazzi at Hi-Grade Shooter's Supply (800-245-6824)located in Irwin, PA which is close to Pittsburgh. I was surprised to see all of the Kreighoffs and Perazzis this dealer had in stock and I was impressed with his inventory of higher grade models. You might visit this dealer and see what he can do for you. J.G.Sayle

7. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

8. kenf

kenf Active Member

JGS,

I was just at Hi Grade on Saturday and you are right, Roy does have a wide selection, even a power deal on a Parcours Special. The downside is paying tax on the gun, I wanted to pick something up locally from him or Joel, but tax alone on a 14K gun will buy a lot of shells. I'll find someone across the line and have it shipped in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 from jaquas