1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Deal you ever missed by two minutes?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by superxjeff, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

31 foot 1973 Air stream trailer in mint condition. 650.00 OBO Offer. I missed it by 15 minutes yesterday. How about it guys??? Any of you ever miss a really great deal by being just a few minutes late?? Can be anything.... Jeff

2. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Went to a yard sale and there was a 18 ft. Semi jon boat set up for duck hunting. Camo, blind etc but no motor. Woman acted mad and said she would take 200 for it. Rushed home and came back with the cash just as a guy walked over to her and handed her the money. If that wasn't bad enough she told the guy to take the decoys that were in the garage plus the robo-duk. He was one happy camper.
    Dan

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Beretta Teknys for 500.00. A friend who needed a trapgun was standing there when it was offered to me, so I let him take it.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

55 Chevrolet that had been completely rebuilt except the motor. $700.00 but I was in the Air Force and was moving at the time. Called back and was already gone. I cried.

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Not me so much as the guy that was second in line to me.One day two weeks ago when I bought 15,000 Win. primers for $10.00 a thousand. Then bought all 16 bags of shot at $10.00 a bag. But when he tossed in a 8# keg of Herco and a a 8# keg of Winchester 760 rifle powder he was a little ticked. But he was there to buy a 1100 (which he did) and the seller tossed in 30+ boxes of shells, 500 new hulls, and a P/W 600 and a few other goodies.

Rock

Jim

6. mt

mt Member

when i was in college someone was trying to sell an old ferrari dino....beautiful little car, all red....they just weren't in fashion then...no one wanted it...i'd pass it most every day....no matter how hard i tried i just couldn't come up with the $12k he wanted.....funny but 30 years later i still can't afford it.

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

1932 Ford 3 window coupe for $250, all original on blocks for 30 years in a heated garage. This was in 1969 and the guy who bought it turned it into the sweetist street rod. The people lived right behind me and never said a word to me about it until the guy was hauling it away, I cut their grass every week for years.

Steve

8. elinvar

elinvar Member

17 jewel Ariston pocket watch on Ebay- grade 187 made by Illinois- solid 14K gold in the original walnut box- only 10 made!!! I have #1 this was # 3- guy had it buy-it-now for 499.00- Sold in less than 30 minutes- I saw it about 1 hour too late- T. Jones

9. 682LINY

682LINY Member

1970 or 71 ,,,dont remember,,,,boss 351 mustang,,,,it was a friends,,,,sat for years ,,,complete,,,needed work,,,he had all the new old stock body parts needed,,,asked about it for years,,,,than one day he told me he sold it,,,$4000,,,it was shiped to sweaden

10. incognito

incognito TS Member

There was a reloader on here a while back. I e-mailed within 2 minutes of it being posted. I got a reply back that told me I was 5 minutes too late. I always wondered why the guy posted it here if he sold it 3 minutes before he posted it?

11. perazzichamp

perazzichamp TS Member

A box greycliff cigars (blue label) 25 ct. gone for $75 after a guy was going through a divorce. started selling his cigars for nothing and it became a mad house. it really was quite pathetic i saw rather wealthy friend turn into a freeloader. we started shoving toward the front for a steal and all. sheesh.

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

About ten years ago I seen an add for a 1958 Chevy car in a news paper and as winter was coming I thought it may make a good winter car . The next day I told a friend about the add and I had kind of put off the idea of buying an old beater car . So I give him the phone number and he called the lady that afternoon . When he got out to the farm house to look at the car the old lady told him it,s in the barn under a tarp and it,s $250.00 cash . And that is how he bought a very clean 1958 Corvette for $250.00 .

13. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

"A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT" Story of my life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.