1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Deal On Gun Insurance??? (OT)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hauxfan, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

When I was just shooting Model 12s it didn't make much difference.

But.....Some of us.......as we get older buy more expensive toys.....er, I mean trapguns..........Which happened to me while I was in Missouri last week.

So now, I'm thinking I should maybe insure this latest gun.........just in case it would get stolen or maybe have some kind of house fire.

What I'm asking for, is.........who or what company is the best deal. Not necessarily the cheapest, but the best one.

One who will pay off when they should if I ever have to use it, instead of denying claims that might be legitimate

Thanks!

Hauxfan!

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

SIAI.com $1.25 per $100.00 is the best I found. It was even cheaper than my homeowners.

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

I agree with 320090T.No one matched their price and coverage. Sportsmans will cover in transit shipping losses if lost by UPS, FEDEX or any other carrier. None of the others would. You have to insure for full MSRP value, I don't remember what the other companies required. My guns are now covered for about anything except leaving them in an unlocked vehicle, something the policy won't cover. If I trip and drop them down the basement steps,they're covered.If somebody knocks it over on a gun rack,its covered. Makes me feel a little better.

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I too went with sportsmens, I have only 2 guns worth insuring & they're my trap guns-I travel with them, and they are subject to loss at any time. They are not always chained to my hip, but after Kim had her gun stolen,that is when I decided to insure them.

Lou

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sportsman's is good, but also try Diana Crawford at Ace Insurance Services in KY.

She shoots near the back fence and is a looker, too! LOL

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the heads up on gun insurance.

I know I'll probably end up getting some kind for my new gun, but I will also check and see what my insurance man has to say to. I've been with him 40 years, so I kind of feel I have to give him a shot too.

Hauxfan!

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Try the NRA - you get $1,000 with your membership, and you may increase it as you wish.

There is no need to list firearms or serial numbers, the added benefit of this is that you may insure the total value of your collection, or you can insure only the amount 'at risk' at a given time - if there is a loss, only the amount of the loss matters, not which specific firearm it was. Sweet.

David D

8. Guy

Guy Member

I have contents insurance with Safeco.....my guns do not need to be listed, and are covered to policy limits.

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Is having our guns confiscated by the Obamas presidency considered the same as having your guns stolen? If not than you "won't need no stink' insurance" after Nov.

10. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

In my opinion Sportsmens is terrific. Current production guns are insured at replacement costs. No appraisal required.

The problem I had with my homeowners (and I have a firearms rider), is that when I told them the new gun was a competion gun and would not be spending its life inside a safe, they ran for the hills. They just did not understand how to underwrite it. They did not like the fact that the gun goes places every weekend, sometimes is in a hotel, sometimes on a plane. Sportsmens had no such issues.

11. tarabolding

tarabolding TS Member

Hi, My name is Tara Bolding. I'm an insurance agent who can provide you with
    great gun insurance protection. My office number is 847 465 3913. I can provide you with a quote via e-mail if you are interested.

I also understand the value of these guns. I have grown up around Trap shoots my entire live. My father is an Avid Trap shooter for close to 40+ years. My summer vacation since the age of 5-18 was spent at the Grand American Trap shoot in OH.

Please give me a call or e-mail if you are interested.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.