1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best day Shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MGeslock, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I want to share my best day shooting.

I wasn’t because I won an event. Matter of fact, I shot well below my average. It wasn’t because I saw friends, I did. The day shooting wasn’t spectacular.

I took my 2 sons ages 9 and 6 with me to Winchester. I sometimes get to “sneak out” to shoot if I take one my kids.

Monday night we had back to school night. I went with my wife to visit the 6 year old’s class. We got to read his note book.

I was truly surprised to see what he had written…. Translated for those who can not read 6 year old writing…….”I watched my dad trap shoot. I got to play solitaire on my dad’s cell phone.”

That my friends was my best day shooting! Please remember that a child looks up to you and in some small way you are their hero. Take your time, slow down help a child. You will be amazed!

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2006
    I'm very happy for you, proud father!! Hope you can have many,many more days like that by his side. Break-em all. Jeff
  3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Shawnee, Kansas, USA
    Enjoy every minute of it!

Pretty soon, they'll be shooting with you.

Not long after that, they'll be matching your scores.

Shortly after that, they'll be beating you regularly.

And it's all good.
  4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Ah, the joys of kids....

My 4 year old, Erica, has had SEVERAL screaming, crying fits because she WANTS TO GO SHOOTING WITH DAAAADDDDDDYYYYYY....

Rips my heart out to leave her home on a big registered shoot day...but we get out to the club several times together each month. She loves to pick up empties and just generally run around - gramma made her her very own shooting vest, just like mine. And god help you if you miss a singles target and she sees it - she hollers "LOST" at the top of her lungs from behind the rail.

(I can't wait til she's old enough to shoot...can you tell?)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.