Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Best Day Of Trapshooting Ever

3K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  trapwife 
#1 ·
Well yesterday it happened. Thirteen years ago my one and only grandson was born. Optimistically I immediately got him a life membership in the ATA. About three years ago we went to our club to give it a try. He took one shot with a 20 gauge and said that was enough. He was staying with us this weekend and we decided to give it another try. He started standing at about the ten yard line and shot at 50 straight targets with a 20 gauge gun. Then he shot another 25 straight targets from the sixteen yard line with a 12 Gauge BT-99. We turned on the angles for another 25 targets from station 3. He wound up shooting at another normal 50 targets. Before we even left the club, he was asking when we could go again. Yesterday was truly the highlight of my 50 year trapshooting career.

Ed Yanchok

#10 ·
Great day. That sure brings back memories for me. I had some really great
times with my two grandsons. I started them shooting when they were 9&10.
When they where 12&13, they began to shoot ATA. I had three great summers
shooting with them. I knew things would change when they got their drivers
permits and discovered girls. They are now 23&24. They both still have their
trap guns. Maybe they will pick it up someday. John

#12 ·
Great story, thanks for sharing. I'm a little young for grandsons, but here's my boy Harrison, getting ready for another day at the range with Dad last weekend.

He's just turned two, been to the range with me a dozen times. Knows the Perazzi and Beretta logos, knows daddys gun is a Perazzi and whilst he's a bit small to shoulder his little pop gun properly, tucks it under his arm and calls pull!

I can't wait till the day he's big enough to get started. It makes me so happy just thinking about it.
Gun Toddler Play Child Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.