1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best cordless drill??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by goosedowner, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

The title says it all. I need a new cordless drill and I would like to know who makes the best one or at least the ones to stay away from. I'm leaning towards Dewalt with Lithium Ion batteries right now.

Thanks

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Makita

3. riggs

riggs Member

Black & decker makes most of the cordless drills out their including sears.
    they all have lithium ion batteries. dewalt makes a very dood cordless drill
    but way over priced we stitched from dewalt to black & decker 2 yrs. ago
    havn't had any trouble we only saved a bunch of money

4. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Dewalt all the way. I have two cordless drills from them, one of which I have had for 15 years and never had a problem.

5. fvtrkyhntr

fvtrkyhntr Member

All the contractors around here use Dewalt or SnapOn

6. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Dewalt hands down... that is why most all construction folks use them

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Milwaukee makes the best. Snap On is also good but ALOT of money. Black and Decker is 100% wantabe tools. JUNK. Dewalt is made by Black and Decker. I buy Milwaukee and am happy that I do. Great tools.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Bosch or Milwaukee

Phil Berkowitz

9. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I know that my Porter cable 4 piece set was made by black and decker. I got it last year for a deal a home depot. It is 18 v NiCAD battery with lithuim option.

It has the most torque of any drill I have ever owned, ever. Including Dewalt.

I don't know about Milwalkee because they still have some stuff made in usa but the majority are made in China.

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The one with a charged-up battery.

Guy B.

11. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Makita lithium battery....18 volt. Try it....the feel is nice and balanced.
    I work with a contractor here in town that was Dewalt, until he picked up my makita.

Rick in MT

12. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Just my 2 cents. I have a Bosch HDH181-01 18V Hammer Drill (Lithium) and it is the best drill I have ever owned. Its a little pricey. I bought it as a combo with an impact driver and a bonus 3rd battery that Amazon.com was offering early this year, and I thought it was good buy as the kit with a 3rd battery thrown in. I'm not sure but I think its made in Thailand or Malaysia. I think all of the other cordless drills are made in China, for whatever that is worth.

John

13. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I think I may surprise you with my recommendation.

Check the Rigid drills with lithium ion batteries at Home Depot. I bought my 18 volt for less than $100 and it came with a lifetime warranty on the drill, the charger AND ON THE BATTERIES!

I'm on my second set of free batteries (they cost $90 each at Home Depot) and I couldn't be happier.

I must say that I use mine only for stuff around home (and cleaning my barrel) so I don't know how well it would hold up to commercial use.

I bought the Rigid based on the recommendation of an HD employee I'd talked to about different things in the past and he said lots of electricians and other pros had purchased them.

Bob

14. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I like my DeWalt very much.

15. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Well as you can see this is just like piocking a gun to shoot. Everyone thinks what they own is the best. If you research this subject and are open minded with no brand loyalty you will find the best and longest lasting cordless drills are made by Panasonic. This is thru testing and actual field use. I do not own any of the Panasonic tools but the Amish and wood working shops all use them and swear by them in this area. I have Bosch tools and they are very durable. My brother-in-law owns a construction business and is constantly replacing his Dewalt batteries at 75.00 a pop. But you ask the best and that is Panasonic according to the independant tests.

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Makita Drill/Driver set with 3.0ah Li-ion batteries. I didn't think I would use the Driver that much around the house but now its my go to tool. Battery charge last a long time even with constant use.

17. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Milwaukee has gone down hill the last few years, id buy Dewalt or rigid. The warranty is unbeatable with Rigid.

18. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Liked every dewalt product I have purchased, drills,grinders,cut-off saw,impact wrenches and other saws.

I hear now that they are all pretty much the same quality across the board dollar for dollar, doesn't matter what brand!

So it is back to service and warranty, is the best one!

19. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I've used the Sears Craftsman 19.2 V for the last 10 years....best unit there is as far as I'm concerned.

20. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have three Craftman 19.2v drills and use the newer style batteries that last much longer but the Dewalt drills have features that are much better than the Craftman. If you are shooting screws when you get it almost in you can release the trigger on the dewalt and it is locked and you can twist the screw on in. The Craftman won't do that and none of the Rigid and Milwaukee's that I've used don't either. The gearing on the Dewalts are better and parts are easy to get and repair. My son has a finish Carpentry business in Panama City and he uses Dewalts almost exclusively whether it's saws, grinders, drills and planers as parts are readily avail in the city. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is the best cordless drill to buy