1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEST CLUB HOUSE FOOD & BEST DRINK AFTER A SHOOT!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

WHAT GUN CLUB HAS THE BEST FOOD, AND WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DRINK AFTER A LONG DAY OF SHOOTING?

mine was the Milwaukee gun club, I loved the Italian sausage sandwiches. after a long day of shooting i love to drink jim beam. whay is your favorite club house food and drink?

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

When I lived close enough to do it I used to frequent the clubs in lower Michigan and several had Walleye feeds. I will never forget those.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The old Phoenix trap club on Camelback had a great bar, and very good steaks. To bad it closed.

4. SCOTT MESSENGER

SCOTT MESSENGER TS Member

You can't beat the grilled pork chops at the Owatonna, MN gun club. They do an excellent job. After the guns are put away, there is nothing better than
    Crown Royal on the rocks.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The restaurant in the Event Center at Sparta is first-class all the way.

Neil

6. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Neil,What year did you eat there.The first year we had supper there and the steaks were all way over cooked.

I think they have changed vendors since,but not sure.

Best food in my area,Peoria IL. gun club,Ouincy IL. gun club,then there was Virgina IL.gun club no longer open sad to say.

Bocephas

7. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

The Martinez Gun Club in Martinez CA has great food, a full bar and lots of fun and camaraderie.

8. PTc

PTc TS Member

I'm biased because I am the President of the Owatonna Gun Club, but I agree with Scott, there is no better place to eat after shooting than the Owatonna Gun. The refreshments aren't bad either.

9. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

STATEN ISLAND SPORTSMANS CLUB WEDNESDAY NIGHTS ...CALAMARI OVER LINGUINI!
    THIS TIME OF YEAR THERE ARE AROUND A DOZEN SHOOTERS....BUT 4 DOZEN EATERS!

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Staten Island Sportsmen looks great, go to Brooklyn every 6 months to help out some elder relatives. This the type of food you really don't see in the south.

Phil Berkowitz

11. chipking

chipking TS Member

Piedmont Sportsman Club in VA gets my vote of those I've shot at. Andrea always supplys a homemade breakfast and lunch. Something different each shoot and always good. She claims that we are her guinea pigs for recipes. And for after the smoke has cleared a BIG jug of water or a Powerade Zero.

--- Chip King ---

12. letts

letts TS Member

Negaunee Rod And Gun club. Once a month is pasty day. Best I have eaten, with a shot of old girlfriend (slang for old grand dad) and a cold bottle of Miller Lite. A great way to close out the afternoon.

Letts

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Food and drink? Then it would have to be Las Vegas. I always hit the bar at Steve's place then it was on to a hotel/casnio to eat.

The beer tent at the Grand in Vadalia was the best to drink. Don't know about the eats because I don't remeber eating after visiting the tent in Ohio. Nothing better!! You're at the Grand and beer, plus friends you've made from all over the country!!! Why in the hell would anybody leave to go eat? I didn't. Well the popcorn was grand, so maybe the food was great too.

14. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Sparta,, Ribeye sandwitch and peach ice cream, and the boys from Arizona always have a big jug of Scotch................Roger

15. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

It's hard to beat the lunches at Janesville Conservation Club, especially the pie and ice cream!

Tim

16. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I sure wanna be at that pasty feed!!!!! I hope they don't disconnect them before serving. Naturally warmed to about 98.6 with ample servers. Oops, there I go again. With absolute respect to all pasties, regardless the gender of the host. This was a joke started by the missing letter in a previous post.

Food - best in the country is my favorite in Sunnyvale, California. No running water, no flush terlets, but the finest Eggs Benedict with a slight southwestern twang one has ever laid lips upon. I drive 450 miles one way every time there is a shoot and my fellow shooters still think it's for the competition. Hats off to Al Sepagan for the fantastic Hollandaise.

Mike Mann

17. t-bar

t-bar Member

One more vote for Owatonna.

Fun place to go.

T-bar

18. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Noontootla Farms Sporting Clays in Dial, GA does not have a restaurant in it's mountain course, but 7 miles away is the Dixie Depot in the town of Margaret, GA.

It is the only thing in Margaret besides a 10 unit storage shed. At the Dixie Depot you can have an excellent hamburger or great BBQ while reading the various signs that explain, in detail, their Dixie Heritage. The only network on their TV is FOX. You can select items of Dixie favor from their large inventory of many sizes of the Flag of the Confederacy. They also have the largest supply of Confederate Flag nighties, bras, bikinis, cooking aprons --- you name it.

The signage as you walk in alerts you to the political attitudes of your hamburger preparers. The hamburgers are VG -- so is the BBG. The political orientation is a bit right of center.

19. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I miss the old Italian sauasage sandwhiches at Vandalia. I couldn't walk past that place without getting one!

20. guido

guido Member

Another one for OWATONNA GUN CLUB. They are the best.

GUIDO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.