1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best chronograph for shotgun loads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plott hound, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

A friend and I are going to throw in together on a good chronograph. Any good ideas as to what works best (or dont work well). Thanks Plott Hound

2. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I use a Crony F1 and it has always worked well. I put a board in front of the readout to block the blast. Other than that I always get good readings. Glenn

3. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

OHLER33-RICK ZINO

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Straight99 I'm sorry but that co does not make a good chrono. The reason I say that is because I have one and I put the F1 in front of the Oehler and got wild readings from the F1 and better readings from the Oehler. You can find one of the best chrono's on ebay. its called "Oehler. The one you want has THREE SCREENS. Do not get the two screen but the THREE SCREEN. They are now on the high dollar mark but worth the money.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Plott Hound, the above link will give you some pointers on how to get the best out of your new chronograph.

ProChronos, Cronys, Oehler all work about equally well when once you work out how to use them. Others have had luck with PACT but I never did at all.

I recommend no closer than about 6 feet, the most open choke you have, and - once you get serious - the kind of light diffuser I have pictured on the link.

The three-screens of the Oehler never paid off for me. I just used two, even though I had three-screeners, two of them in fact.

Good luck and good chronographing!

Neil

6. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

You have email that you need to look at right now.

7. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I also have the 3 screen Oehler as well as the Chrony F1 and on a bright sunny day they both will give wild readings at times. For me overcast days work better and the readings are almost the same. Glenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best chronograph for shotguns

best chronograph for shotshell
best chronographs for shotgun shooting
chronograph for shotgun loads
how to chronograph a shotgun

shotgun chronograph

shotgun chronograph choke
shotshell chronograph