1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best chokes for brownings

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by knutershooter, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Are the browning chokes good chokes or does or has anyone had any luck with some of the other manufactures? Comp-n-choke, brileys etc.. Prefer the extended tubes. I have some now that are ported and really hard to keep clean

2. djcuda

djcuda Member

I have had the best luck with angleport extended chokes.On the pattern board they were better than the browning factory chokes.
    Dave

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I didn't like the patterns with the factory chokes either.

Bought a full set of Briley's and I swear by them.

I have heard the Browning Midas chokes are better and I would guess any of the aftermarket chokes will out-perform the factory ones.

I would not use the ported chokes. I think they are more gimmick than function.

SW

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I don't know that there are best or worst chokes for any gun as most manufacturers seem to follow the same internal dimensions for the length of the parallel section, I have had equally good luck with both Briley and Trulock. I've NOT had good luck with Angleport as far as consistent POI in concerned.

MK

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I believe Briley is the OEM for Browning Midas and Diana Chokes. I get excellent patterns with my Invector+ Carlson's Extended Sporting. Wayne

6. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

As with most everything – everyone has an opinion about chokes. My experience is that the best chokes for a Browning are the same chokes that I have found to be the best for any other gun I have installed chokes into – The ClearView chokes made by Steve Baldwin of Mechanical Accuracy, Jones, OK. Not saying others are bad - just saying that of all the brands I have tried (many) - the ones made by Steve are the best I have used.

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

yep,browning Midas are made by briley,also have had good luck with a carlson full choke in my browning

Doug H.

8. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I like my Browning Midas (Briley's)-----nearly all my tube fouling stopped when I switched to these.

9. quartering

quartering Active Member

gossip is that muller has the hottest choke on the market right now. ceramic/teflon/aluminum. and if you like extended tubes, these are up to 2" long! good luck with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.