1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best chokes for Beretta?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by schimmy, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schimmy

schimmy Member

I recently purchased a DT-10 with Optima chokes and was wondering which chokes tend to pattern the best in Berettas. I have used Briley extended chokes in my other guns with very good results. Are they the best choice or is their something better?

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

I'm sure most have personal choices, but I have used Briley extended chokes in all my Beretta barrels for some time now, and would not use any other. The Brileys are, in my opinion, simply the best. Patterns are great whatever the constriction and compared to others I have tried, simply crush targets.

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I will second the Briley chokes. I the X2 series, which are the basic extended chokes. I often have thought of the Spectrum titanium ones, but the X2's work well and are much less expensive. Pattern awesome, easy to tighten.

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I've found that few chokes are superior to the factory Beretta tubes. If you simply must have aftermarket tubes, for whatever reasons, (and many do) there is nothing wrong with Briley's; they are a fine choke.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Seminole is worth a look at - they custom manufacture tubes based on the TRUE ID of your barrels - there can be several thousandths variation between barrels of the same manufacture.

Seminole takes this into account and then bores tubes per your actual ID measurements.

I have them in a C Guerini 20/28 combo gun (sporting clays) and they are beyond belief.

Food for thought

6. chunk

chunk TS Member

I can't figger it out...you spend good money on a Beretta and then spend more money on after market tubes. Beretta has been making shotguns since the 1500's, I think they know what they're selling. I agree with code5coupe. This has be4en discussed on this site before. Trap shooters are forever looking to buy a better score than to work for it. Spend the money on shells and rounds of shooting...you don't need fancy, gold colored, extended, titanium ported choke tubes!!!!

7. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

one vote for Comp-n-Choke.............great on my 687SPII

8. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

So far I found nothing wrong with the Optima chokes I received with the gun from Beretta. I patterened all of them and I must say they all looked good.

I may try some after market chokes later on but for now the Beretta chokes work quite well.

Dale

9. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Well, I'll say code5coupe and chunk never shot a series of Optima tubes for POI and pattern. If they had they would know that if you get more than a few to hit the same POI you are EXTREMELY lucky. I'll also suppose they don't care that half the lead in taper never touches a wad, and the plastic buildup it phenomenal.

schimmy, don't listen to the nay sayers. If you are not happy with your chokes, try Brileys or Wrights. If I had it to do over again, I'd go with Stu Wright's chokes. Also, if I had it to do over again I wouldn't waste my time patterning the Optima chokes and checking POI. Knowing what I know now, I'd toss the lot and start with good stuff. Chokes are cheap. Beretta's are lousy. Get some good ones.

10. gslam

gslam TS Member

The best chokes for a Beretta are Beretta extended chokes, I've tried them all and nothing beats them. They can be bought as cheap as any if you know where to shop. $44 a piece

11. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

It aint the choke its the shooter ...

12. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"Well, I'll say code5coupe and chunk never shot a series of Optima tubes for POI and pattern."
    If you said that, then you'd be incorrect.
    I have patterned the nine Optima choke tubes that came with my Beretta (four extended, five flush) and the POI did not vary. The patterns were as good as those from my Angleport and Briley tubes, as well.
    Maybe I am just lucky. Maybe you are just unlucky, or are simply repeating what you've heard on the internet.....I don't know.
    I only know that IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, the factory Beretta tubes are as good as any found in the aftermarket. YRMV, certainly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta what is the best choke for trap shooting

beretta which choke best for trap

best beretta choke for trap shooting

best chokes for beretta

best trap choke for beretta 682