1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Choke Tube MFG for invector plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pens1992, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pens1992

pens1992 TS Member

Hi I'm looking for some new extended tubes for a browning invector plus is there really any difference between them any help would be great. Thanks Don

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I like Wright's extended chokes. I bet you will get a bunch of different answers with this one though.---Matt

3. Golani

Golani TS Member

Matt is correct, you will get many answers. Wright's chokes are very nice. They come increments of .004" so you can really fine tune your choking. They have 13 different Invector Plus chokes available. I use their Spreader (SPR) chokes for skeet.
    Still for trap doubles I find myself going back to Carlson's IM and Full chokes. They just seem to throw the best patterns from my XT.
    Hope this helps!

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I find Kick's and Comp-N-Chokes to be the best extended ported tubes, tolerances are as tight or tighter than factory Choke tubes. And I sell them at fair prices. Send me an e-mail for prices

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Lyle

Lyle Member

I just bought some briley in full and xtra full for my ultra xt.

I shot the patterning board with two shooters. One All American with a K-80 and another top shot with a MX 2000. Both of the other shooters were shooting fixed chokes. The Brileys patterned at least as good as the two high dollar guns with a tight kill zone and an even pattern. I was pleased.

Lyle

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

pens1992, Forget about the fashion statement and save your money, you won't likely gain anything.

Lyle ,I suspect Briley made the Browning factory chokes that you replaced with your new Briley chokes.

7. Lyle

Lyle Member

Jerry,
    I bought the chokes because I didn't have those constrictions currently. Not because I wanted "brileys"........Not that it matters ......

Have a good day.

Lyle

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

There are two factory choke tubes I consider as good as or better than any specialty company making them. Browning + and Beretta Mobil chokes are as good as you will find

9. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Had to buy some Briley's at a zone shoot where I showed up with my normal choke tubes still at home on the bench. Regularly shoot Angle Ports. I'm probably not good enough to tell the difference...They both work equally as well.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

10. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

What about Seminole??

They will make chokes to the specific bore of you gun.

Not sure if it is 'better' but if it is possible to make a choke more effective one made to the true bore ought to function better than one made to a SAAMI standard.

I have them in a C. G. (20/28 Summit Limited sporting clays gun) and LOVE what they do for it. Hate to admit it, but I have turned in several of my highest scores ever with the 28 gauge barrels, so I suspect something is working...

11. rrose

rrose TS Member

I disagree with people that say the Browning inv + tubes are as good as any. I have patterned my Browning tubes and they are good, but I bought Comp N Choke tube and they are better on the pattern board and when I shoot with them I get more smoked targets. When I can see the difference on the board as well as when I shoot I will stay with the Com N Chokes. I did not so the comparison test with Briley so I can not comment on those.
    Good luck
    randy

12. billn

billn Member

I will go with rosebuster, I have two sets one for Beretta and one for Browning , Good patterns for , skeet, trap, and sporting clays.

they get dirty, but easy to take care of, just put a little grease on them before you shoot, and they will clean easy.

13. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Browning factory chokes were made for steel shot. Measure I.D., are more open than aftermarket chokes for the given constriction. I compared patterns with a Mod factory choke with two after market chokes, and never have used a factory choke again. I use Comp-N-Choke, and TrueLock chokes. Thinking of giving Wright a try. 10tenner

14. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

Phil Kiner measured my bore/chokes yesterday and both the Browning Inv+ and unknown brand were oversized for IM. Many broke, none smoked, I'm thinking of getting some Comp-n-chokes. It is what it is.

Jeff

15. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

RV4driver, yes you are correct. Comp-N-Choke have the constriction marked on the choke. A IM will be .025 from .741 bore which should give the choke .717 I.D.. Do you remember what your chokes measured? 10tenner

16. billn

billn Member

The best place I found to get the Comp-n-Chokes is Shot Gun Sports in Anniston, AL

256-310-6072. I called Comp-n-Choke and they gave me this place to call for the chokes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best invector choke for trap

best invictor plus for trap

browning invector plus trap chokes
invector plus choke clays
invector plus choke review
is the carlson invector extended better than factory
recommended trap choke tube for browning
ultra plus chokes