1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Cat Brush???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Well, it's that time of year again when Kitty starts shedding his fur all over the house. I find it on the counter, the dining room table and even in the refridgerator. I currently own a brush that has these steel bristles that about 1/2" long and Kitty really hates it. I would like to know what type of brush Dennis DeVault uses on his Cat, but he keeps those cards pretty close to his chest and any questions regarding cat detailing are side stepped. Whatever.

Any help would be appreciated.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=DSCN1218_zps459428ca.jpg" target="_blank"> DSCN1218_zps459428ca.jpg </a>

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Something like this?

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I guess you could try shop vac with a brush or a lint roller, but I always thought a cat preferred to be groomed and cleaned with a tongue.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

We had 2 cats, I always used a hair brush like people would use and they loved it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Tron

Ouch tshoot1, that hurt!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=avatar.gif" target="_blank"> avatar.gif </a>

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

How about something like this? Just kidding.

Jim C

bluzman98_2008_030311.jpg

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

My cat hasn't really liked any grooming since we got him baptized.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Since we circumcised Fluffy, he won't let anyone near him.

But he is walking better now.

9. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

tshoot1, I sense you are new to TS.comm. Occassionally, Tron and other shooters/practical jokers such as he, will start a thread that may have an element of seriousness to it, but for the most part it is thread to troll for humorous/funny responses. Hence the cactus brush, board of rusty nails, dressing for success at cat grooming (extra protection), baptism of the cat, neutering but walking better now, and my inference for Tron to use his tongue . . . and so on.

Hope my interpretation and explanation of this thread and situation helps. If you new and were unaware of this now you know. If your not, . . . well try to enjoy your life.

10. Tron

Also, tshoot1 is unaware of my very exclusive "Buddy List". This is a list of 100 people who I allow to PM me, no more no less. If someone dies or something, there is an opening, it's that simple. People are lined up to be on my list and his post is in no way conducive with someone that wants to be on this very special list.

11. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Tron,

As a concerned Multi-Laker, I was thinking I could supply you with a 6 inch diameter wire wheel installed on a short corded drill motor.

Your Pal,

Chuck

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I suppose you are up to your pranks Tron ....but I'll bite. Now obviously no true GSP owner would (or could) ever own a cat but my canine friends just love the brushes that have a bunch of nylon tipped metal brissels set on an air filled rubber pad. A nice brushing session is coveted more than the mandatory after dinner milkbone.

I kind of feel sorry for your cat(s). Seems like you play a lot of mean tricks on them :) You do realize they probably watch you when your sleeping don't you?

13. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try a motorized duck plucker.

14. Tron

Chuck, does it have blood all over it from your middle finger incident? You and power tools don't mix.......

15. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

We use the same brush, and our cat comes running to be brushed. All we have to do is run our thumb over the bristles, and she appears. I personally don't know how they can stand that ripping on their skin. If we leave it lay on the floor, she rolls on it, and bites it.

16. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Tron,

I washed the blood off --- disposing if the evidence that I and power tools don't see eye to eye. However, my 20 pounder "Bullitt" seems to enjoy wire brush back rubs.

:)

17. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

I prefer a shaved kitty.

18. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

Web site above

19. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Try a brush with short soft bristles such as wooden handled boar bristle brush. He hated the others but comes running to be brushed with the softer brush. I think it came from Walmart Afro hair care dept.
    ou3200_2008_030329.jpg

20. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Tron,

You might not believe it, but most cats love the brush. It doesn't look like it would work, but it traps hair like crazy. And the tips are soft. Try it out.

Danny