1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Car dealer and car company #1 Cochran Subaru Monroeville PA

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by copper, Feb 10, 2015.

1. copper

copper Member

We bought a Subaru Forester 2015 with 2000 miles on it from a Honda dealer near us and had issue with back tires ware right away reason we went to this dealer right around corner so thought service would be easy . Well when they would not do any thing we went to Cochran Subaru and even though we did not buy car from them they could not do enough contacted Subaru and they in turn were great gave us two tires found that a rear control arm was bent and are fixing it . Best service ever and same for Subaru the opened case file and really stepped up to plate. Big Thanks to both Cochran and Subaru main office . I will go to them even if I have to drive and hour

TrailsEnd thanked this.
  2. over the hill

over the hill Well-Known Member

Good for you.

I live in Cols., Oh. which is the Epicenter of Honda . Factory is only 40 miles away.
    We have a large number of Honda dealers, many of which think they are the Holy Grail of cars.

Not only is the resale value too high, they seem to have a following that will pay whatever new or used.

I would give them some bad PR. After all, were you not the customer?

Regards Gerald

3. MUZZLEBLAST

MUZZLEBLAST Member

That really surprises me about Cochran. To date, I have bought 19 vehicles from them. For fourteen years, I bought one every year. Not cheap ones either, all SUV Jimmys/Yukon. Going to a shoot at Greater Jackson one weekend, & the transmission let go on my 08 Yukon. It had 54,000 miles on it. I took it to my local shop & they got a price from Jasper for a rebuilt trans, $2100, plus $300 installation. Just on a whim, I called Cochran service. They asked me to bring it in to look at it. They said they, don't worry, "We will take care of it through corporate, & if they don't cover all of it , we will. I get called 5 days later telling me the job is done. Well, in the end, they DID NOT cover it. He hands me a bill for $3700. His response was, "I was wrong, they wouldn't cover it" Needless to say, I have taken my business elsewhere & I still buy at least one vehicle a year. Their loss. Butch from Pgh

4. Smoke 1

Smoke 1 Banned User Banned

I would have taken them to court .

5. copper

copper Member

As far as sue time money we are very busy and my wife is already very up set with all this. Cochran Subaru is up by her office they have shuttle service as far as this Honda dealer I79 I have asked them to refund our money for 100,000 mile warranty they sold us for $1,400.00 based on not doing any thing in first two weeks have lost all trust , and YES thought they would pay for the control arm fix as to I had brought this car in with in first two week and said some thing is wrong . I want to move on as to this I do not need to be my topic of day . What really pisses me off we bought car to make my wife life easier her job is stressful enough and has become a thorn in our side . We will see how all this pans out.

6. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Cooper, why would you want to use your extended warranty on something that is covered by the factory warranty?

Also, NEVER pay asking price for an extended warranty. Dealer cost on those is way below their chart pricing. We got them down to $900 with very little effort.

7. copper

copper Member

Well your sitting in chair your wife next to you and you just want it over with ,buying a car like going to DDS at any rate warranty state you can cancel at a cost of $50.00 . And because we have only had car a short time did not plan on this becoming a pissing match . I called Fed consumer affairs they gave me some numbers then called PA DMV they gave me some more . I am already pissed off if this dealer wants to go this rout I will make sure it gets very unpleasant for him .I talk to a lot of people I will keep them updated as to story not slander if you just tell story . I will see if I can make them a house whole word

8. copper

copper Member

9. copper

copper Member

Cochran put tires on and replaced sway bar we paid for that and a 4 wheel align Subaru sent us a check to pay for tires right away and I called the warranty company that I79 Honda got the warranty through and I canceled it ,then I called I79 and they are to send my bank the check for warranty as I called bank and they contacted them warranty is in loan . Car is good now handles much better so I hope we are good for a couple years

10. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

I completely understand:confused:

11. jroccasano

jroccasano Member

I live in Murrysville. Our local GM dealer is Day Chevrolet. Cochran, and extra 2 miles away, is light years better than Day Chevrolet.

12. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

That is what is so great about car dealers, some want to sell you a vehicle one time, others want to sale you a vehicle every time.
    It is your money and you make the decision where to spend it.
    Nice to hear about Cochran.

13. DuckNut

DuckNut Well-Known Member

Have a car wrap made to make it look like a lemon ad and park it in front of the dealership.

Search tags for this page

cochran extended warranty