1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEST BRAND OF CHOKE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goose2, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

What is the brand of after market chokes that are the most desired with the trap shooting industry. When I am at the club I see a lot of different brands of chokes hanging out the end of those trap guns. I want to know the one that throws the best pattern.
    Thanks in advance.

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

There will be a zillion differing opinions on this one. Which gun, which choke, which ammo? And the best part is there is no general consensus as to which is best or if you have ruined the gun by putting tubes in it. On my own TM-1 I went with Wright's Chokes. And I am pleased. I know this did not help but pretty much says it all. Marc

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Full choke, 39 thousants constriction.
    steve balistreri

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

WILKINSON

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

For the best choke, ALF-99 gave the correct answer. Tom designs the choke for your gun after carefully measuring the barrel and tests each choke on paper using the shells that you use. But, his chokes are a little more expensive than some others.

Pat Ireland

6. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

*** BEST BRAND OF CHOKE ***

Tommy is the best tube man in the business if your going to tap a virgin barrel. He should be strongly considered if you are just wanting replacement tubes as well although he will want to redo your barrel to the performance level which is most effective. If not wanting to spend the money to have it done this way I would suggest either Wrights or Clearview. Both of these gents are extremely knowledgable and can assist with your desires. Many will suggest some of the more common/popular tubes as they are the more noted ones to which much is written from the sporting world and magazine adds. To form an evaluation, obtain someone who is somewhat knowledgable on chokes and have them or have them assist you with techniqual questions and see how well their representaive responds.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I agree with Wilkinson but a cheaper way to go is Wrights. He has chokes already designed to fit your barrel specs. Bore mic your barrel and order from his web site chart. They are the best I have used for the money

8. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

As previously stated everyone has an opinion – and there have been some good opinions shared here – In my personal experience I will second the Cleaview chokes made by Steve Baldwin, Jones Ok. ---- Steve is very knowledgeable and makes the best chokes I have ever used – period.

9. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I believe all the above mentioned is good advise. You might consider what you see on paper (multiple shots, not one shot and walk away) along with a name stamped on a choke tube. Your pattern can be improved by improving or modifying your reloads.

10. T2

T2 Member

Anyone ever deal with Wilson Precision Products out of Ida, MI?

11. oletymer

oletymer Member

The best is the one your particular gun patterns the best with.

12. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I'm not constantly buying trap shooting tubes. I have no complaints with the extended Brileys I use. Nothing custom just standard. No complaints. I can use a bore mic/inside mic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best choke brand

best choke for trap shooting

best choke tube brand

best choke tube brands

best trap choke brand
best trap shooting choke
top choke tube brands
trap shooting choke brands