1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Bore Cleaner ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Guy, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

What cleaner do you use to get your bore spotless? Often, after shooting some of my reloads, there is a buildup of something close to the chamber in my barrels. It takes me forever to get them clean. Break-Clean, Ballistol, Break Free, RemOil, they all don't do a great job when it comes to removing stuck on materials in the barrels. I believe the buildup to be plastic because it does not do it as bad with new shells.

So, I need some help to find the best bore cleaner so I don't have to spend 20 minutes scrubbing my barrels.

Thanks.

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Spotless bore? Why???

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Ed's Red Bore Cleaner... make it yourself:<UL><LI>1 part Dexron Automatic Transmission Fluid
    <LI>1 part K-1 kerosene<LI>1 part Kingsford charcoal lighter fluid (or odorless mineral spirits will work)
    <LI>1 part acetone (can use less, speeds the removal of plastic deposits)</UL>

Keep it in a metal can.

MK

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Clenzoil, its like Magic for and on your guns, and leather ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I agree with WPT. In my limited experience, there is nothing better than Clenzoil. I've cleaned my bore with Hoppes, and then ran a patch through it with Clenzoil. I couldn't believe how much more gunk came off with the Clenzoil.

6. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I agree with WPT. In my limited experience, there is nothing better than Clenzoil. I've cleaned my bore with Hoppes, and then ran a patch through it with Clenzoil. I couldn't believe how much more gunk came off with the Clenzoil.

7. PatMan

PatMan Member

RGS is the best cleaner I've experienced...

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

For plastic buildup acetone is a good solvent but keep it off your stock.

Getting anal about a clean bore is - well - anal. It just gets dirty again with the first shot.

If you are getting a lot of plastic buildup, try either AA, Federal or Downrange wads. I had problems with Claybusters in one gun and stopped using them. I have very little plastic buildup with wads listed.

You can try polishing the bores but I have never done that.

Don Verna

9. brantman

brantman TS Member

clenzoil is the best save reds for your junk guns

10. docshank

docshank TS Member

Another vote for Clenzoil. It is all I ever use anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best plastice bore cleaner

browning bore cleaner

polishing shotgun bore trap shooters