1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Beretta Semi-Auto For Trap Shooting ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gvsteveMD, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gvsteveMD

gvsteveMD TS Member

i use Berreta AL390 sporting with high rib 30" barrel.

2. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

The Tekney XGold Trap is by far the best auto trap gun that I've had yet...

Bill

3. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

The earlier guns, up thru the 303, were simpler & easier to clean because they don't have the gas pressure relief system like the 390's & 391's. The hammer braces, the bolt connecting rod & occasionally the locking block are the parts that tend to brake & I don't know if one model is anymore durable than another since they're basically the same design. The 390 seems to be a little heavier than the others but any of them should be good if the price is right. John

4. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

391 elite modified by ncp products. shoots soft, beautiful wood, great people to deal with.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I shoot a 303 with high rib 32". I have 10 303's. They are the best of the lot

6. Old Dog

Old Dog TS Member

My friend and I both started shooting Beretta 303s at the same time and shot on the same squad for over ten years. I loaded up on extra 303 parts because I remembered shooting a Rem 1100 and how often IT needed parts replacement. Anyway, neither of us ever had to replace a part or have the 303s repaired during that time. Unbelievable for an automatic. I don't shoot much anymore but still have two 303s and a bunch of extra parts.

OD

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

If you're having custom wood made, any of the series AL-2, A301, A302 or A303 is a good choice. Parts for these are inter-changeable, though sometimes you have to change more than one part with the bolt/carrier/connector. I've had a 390 and a 391, but am not as familiar with them. My favorite is the A303.

Buz

8. canada

canada Member

If you are going to shoot doubles, a 390 or 391 would be the best. The reason is that the older models dont cycle well. The gas ports in the the 390 or 391 fix that problem. I know someone will write back saying they will, but it is a fact that the new ones cycle light shells better. If you are shooting hunting shells with a lot of recoil, any gun will work fine. Handicap shells will work better in the older models than light ones, but to avoid the hassle, a 390 or 391 is the way to go for trap.

9. cleboje

cleboje Member

Best Beretta semi-auto for trap shooting?

Has to be the gun that fits your face/body best.

I have two 303's, two 390's and one 391...

Best gun for me is the 303...although they all are rock solid reliable and shoot well.

Joe

10. smartass

smartass TS Member

Beretta autos are nothing but plastic junk. Real men shoot O/Us.

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Loved the feel of the 303 Sporting stocks and forends. Just could not get them to run reliably. My 390s have been more reliable and the 391's I've been around often have problems feeding.

I currently shoot a 390 with a 32" 303 barrel. It cycles EVERYTHING! Have not had a malfunction in several thousand rounds. It has a Cole 3.5# trigger and is a target boiling machine.

12. Chester White

Chester White Member

The 303 Beretta is no easier to clean than a 390 Beretta. Once the barrel is removed from the receiver, the only difference between the two is the 390 gas cylinder has 4 holes in it that the 303 doesn't have. The 391 is an entirely different story with the relief spring attached to the gas cylinder.
    Many of the parts interchange-e. g. firing pins, firing pin springs, hammers, hammer braces, hammer springs, sears, links, extractors, ejectors.
    There is one significant difference between a 303 and a 390. The recoil spring tube for the 303 is much longer than the 390. As a result the stock length on a 303 cannot be as short as one for a 390. This is not a problem as long as you have a length of pull over about 13 3/4".
    I own 303's and 390's. I think the 390 is a better gun because of the gas spring which can be changed to adjust bolt speed. The only way to slow down a 303 is either to use a longer recoil spring (and perhaps adjust its length) or use a stiff grease on the bolt slide grooves in receiver.

13. 391 SL

391 SL Member

One that throws the hulls onto the wood on the O/U that Anonymous shoots!

14. Loyac

Loyac Member

Modernism and progress (Beretta semi auto shotguns) trigger regress and fundamentalism (Anonymous with his O/U). John

15. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

real men shoot what ever they like and they don't go by anonymous they put a name on there post somewhere. jack mitchell

16. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

The Beretta A303, hands down!!!

Berettaman7

17. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Anonymous

You dont know what you are talking about, I shoot my 682 Gold for doubles and my A303 Special trap 32" for singles. OU may be used for singles but I rather use my semiauto or a single barreled gun for singles.

Real men dont taunt others.

Berettaman7

18. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Bill, It seems to me that I see guys having less trouble overall with the 303's then with the 390's and the 391's. If it were me I would keep my eyes open for a clean 303. I have owned all the above as I suspect you have as well and my opinion is that the 303 was a simple gun to keep going. The 391's have issues that when they crop up can be a real bugger to figiure out. I suspect you know that my answer to it all is to shoot a SX-1 but that wasn't your question. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta auto trap gun

beretta semi auto trap gun

beretta semi auto trap guns

beretta semi auto trap shotgun
best beretta trap gun
best semi auto shotgun for trap
best semiauto for trap
what beretta shotguns are good for trap