1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Benelli

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich C, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich C

Rich C TS Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Whats the "best" all around all bird hunting gun for a novice?

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Shawnee, Kansas, USA
    The one that fits best.

You're likely to get a ton of different opinions on "what gun."

There are a LOT of good field guns out there, and in that regard, do a little research and see if you can try some of them out before buying.

Your post title said Benelli, but don't overlook the venerable Remington 870.

But, in my opinion, the best answer is the one that fits the shooter best.
  3. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

Jul 24, 2011
    I have many many thousands of rounds through my Cordoba with no problems at all.

you can get a taller comb if need be and fine tune it with the shims
  4. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Firstly it depends upon your price range. I have lots of guns including the venerable 870. Which is an excellent gun in that price range.

The Benelli's are fine guns too. However if you're looking for something in that price range go look at and SHOOT any of the new Beretta A400 series. You can't get a better gun or more gun for the money.

It will shoot 3 1/2" goose hammers or 2 3/4 lite target loads all day, every day and you won't go home with a sore shoulder.

I work at a range and we have 2 of them that we rent every day all day. They work flawlessly, have Zero recoil, have the shim system like all the Beretta/Benelli semi auto's to help fit almost anyone and are extremely light.

They are the most asked for guns today. We recommend them because our customers put Thousands and thousands of rounds through them without problems, they're light and there's NO Kick.

You won't be sorry if you get one and everyone will want to shoot it.

Shoot safely, well and often,
  5. oz

oz Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have had many benelli's my favorite was my first an H&K Benelli Competition. should have kept it. I now have a Vinci and it is super. breaks down in a unique way. check it out. oz
  6. morgan1

morgan1 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I love my M2 it's never let me down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.