1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best beginner video

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by torqueman, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torqueman

torqueman Member

Who makes the best beginner video fo 16 yard trap ?
    Thanks joe

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

No video, just go and shoot. You'll learn more from trigger time than you will from a video.

3. clayman51

clayman51 Member

I just purchased the Leo Harrison Video, well worth the money. You cannot practice until you know how to practice. You have to practice with a goal in mind each time and doing things the correct way. Going out to shoot and blowing holes in the sky serves no purpose.

The Video lays out an excellent plan to achieve those goals.

Not being payed a dime to say this, just my opinion.

Just my 2 cents worth

Dennis

AIM Coach

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

If you can find a copy, D. Lee Braun. He worked for Remington, I believe. Very good basics.

5. Mykidstrap

Mykidstrap TS Member

I disagree with "just shoot." however, with that said, the worse thing I could of done, was hired a so call golf pro to help me with my golf game.

Take in information and process it, but don't over think it. I have no recommendation for video's. It's ok to want to understand the discipline. Bad practice makes bad shooters. You're better off swinging the gun with your eyes close and visualizing a perfect 100, than to practice with no cause or means to correct a problem from lack of knowledge.

Good luck

6. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

I say Leo's has to be the best.

7. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i have the d lee braun trap dvd.brand new 25 dollars shipped to you motordoc

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I totally disagree with "...just shoot." If you start shooting with bad habits such as: bad gun holds, bad techniques, gun fit, stance, etc., then you can spend more time breaking bad habits, if you're lucky to learn about it/them, than birds.

It's best to study what the top shooter do, being aware, however, that (1) they could have some disparateses in their techniques (but it works for them), and (2) what works for them may not work for you.

Get hold of Motordoc's "Trapshooting with the Remington Pros" video. It is well worth the expense especially for new shooters and shooters with problems. It's good to revisit for the resy of us too.

Many times we see something and we try it, and then we try somethingmethng else, and before you know it you have amassedmassed a conglomerate of bad habits. This is when you need to step back and watch a training video stressing the basics to remind us how far we've "strayed."

Good luck, and don't listen to everyone... well, listen, but pick and choose carefully to see what works for you.

THEN, go practice and practice and practice. I'd even stress handicap over singles practice.

WW

9. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Ken Robertson. Its dated, but very good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.