1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best BBQ near the grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Huntin'Fool, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

I'm headed to Sparta and looking for suggestions for the best BBQ place in the area for dinner, I was going to go to puppy's in St. Louis but if there are any better suggestions I am open to trying

Thanks

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Only had their ribs (first time three weeks ago) but Southside Ribs were good.

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

North Carolina

4. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

South side is really good. They have a smoked pork chop that is about 2 inches thick & tender mmm you will be full when done. You will see a lot of your fello trap shooters in there. The BBQ place where you squad and pay was pretty good last year.

5. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

South Side Ribs is a must for any trip to Sparta!

SW

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

The closest good BBQ to Sparta is Southside Ribs....the best BBQ anywhere is Dave Adams, BIG PIG BBQ in Fayetteville, GA He cooks for the Georgia State Shoot every year. Anyone who has attended the GA State shoot will tell the same thing.

7. lboh

lboh Member

Go to Pappy's.... I am a stick burner and usually a bit disappointed when I travel and eat BBQ, but they are the real deal.

Get there early. When the meat is gone that day, it is gone. We arrived at 5:15 the last time and there were 15-20 people in line before us that had been there an hour waiting for the ribs to come off the smoker. Sausage, turkey, brisket and pulled pork were all very good.

8. busstuf

busstuf Member

Any later than 11am at Pappy's and you are waiting. It is a small place,but it is worth the wait!,
    TF

9. Mike

Mike Member

Long waits at South Side as well

10. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

When I went to Southside about three weeks ago I ordered the full rack of ribs. Now I am an old geezer (65) but not a small person. The waitress, after I ordered the full rack, said "You want the full rack???". The full rack was definitely large. I kept looking around as I ate figuring she had gone ahead and called EMS in case the old man keeled over.

11. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

Southside was great thanks for the recommendations