1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Barrel Length For Doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

For an easier swing across the field.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Two barrels weigh a little more than twice the weight of a single barrel of the same length. Shorter barrels weigh less than longer barrels.

Pat Ireland

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Clay, some, like Leo Harrison III, do use the same barrel for singles and doubles. Uses his 34" barrel for cap's only....

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

clayshooter, I agree with you for the most part. My first combo was 35"/31.5". It was a disaster, because I was shooting a high POI and substituting the short O/U barrel made it shoot even higher with the same stock settings. That is just the opposite of what I want.

I sold those barrels and bought a new set, 35"/34". Both barrel sets weigh the same (within an ounce of each other), and they feel pretty much the same. MOI is a little different, so the O/U swings a little slower. However, all the sighting and POI issues disappeared. I'm a happier camper now.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

POI of the barrels and choke selection is more important than length. HMB

6. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Longest you can handle! (all other things considered as already mentioned) Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.