1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Banquet or Raffle Guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by birdognorth, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdognorth

birdognorth TS Member

We are having a fundraiser for our club and will have a gun board and gun raffles. Wondering what the most popular(likely to sell tickets) guns have been for others. Rather have fewer nice guns than a lot of junk no one cares about. Thanks for any advice or experiences.

BDN

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

A new Beretta 391 is always a good item. Chances are if you explain what the raffle is for you will also be able to find a Beretta dealer to help support the cause and give you a discount on the gun ... depending on what the fundraiser is for.

3. Michael Murphy

Michael Murphy TS Member

I have put on, and assisted on many banquets for the Foundation for North American Wild Sheep, Montana. I started a deal with Ruger #1's in various mid range and classic calibers. Great guns, people liked getting them, it's a gun everyone thinks about but usually doesn't buy for themselves (except those who follow the Ruger #1 circle), and with a little work with an oil rag they show real nice and sell tickets. I stay away from magnum calibers so the girls can play too! That worked for me. Hope that helps.
    Murf

4. DJM

DJM Member

We have good luck with Henry Golden Boys in .22 cal. I think it's like GoNorth states above, people like them but are not likely to buy one. We have been buying 3 every year for some time. At the banquet we take a fresh deck of cards and sell them for $10 each. The buyer tears his card in half, one half goes into the drawing hopper, one half they keep. We have no trouble selling 52 cards twice (one red deck, one blue) during the evening with 100-120 attending. The 3rd one is a prize in a raffle or one of the games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
banquet guns
banquet raffle games

best firearm to raffle

best gun to sell for raffles

best guns for banquet
michael murphys gun raffle
most popular rifles for raffles

raffle games for banquets