1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Automatic Throwers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trappy12, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well my grandma is looking to get my grandfather an automatic clay thrower for Christmas, and came to me because I got him started on all of this anyways. I have no idea what is good and can't say anything but to check out the bass pro shop and cabela's catalogue. So for those personal traps, what's the best? Cost wise, looking for $400 or less. It will just be mounted on the edge of a bluff, so it would be nice if it didn't have to be completely mounted down or anything so we can just bring it in when we're done using it, or when it rains.
    Thanks for any help!
    -Trappy

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I have owned a Champion easy bird and the aerial assault and the champion is by a great margin the better of the two.

3. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

get the atlas, american made and pretty much bullet proof..

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Isn't the Atlas around $700?
    -Trappy

5. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

The Atlas 250 goes for $1250 I think. Well worth the money. Almost bullet proof.

6. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Don't forget the neat auto conversion for the Winchester/Western machines from Traploader (Western Products). It gives the old X traps a new life. I got several and am very happy with them!

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Alright well what about the Do-All automatic trap, seeing as that is in the price range.
    -Trappy

8. det131

det131 Member

Trappy:

Having no experience with the Champion or Atlas no advice there.

Previously purchased three of the DoAll Traps +/- four years ago. One is flawless and works just as advertised. Second took lots of fussing and replacement of parts, DoAll is very customer service oriented, it works ok but still takes repeated adjustments to feed and not break one bird out of five. Third one is a loss. If I can get it to throw five unbroken birds in a row I have accomplished something. DoAll is constantly tweeking and updating the design. No experience with current models and no guarantee that what you get in the store or auction will be the most current update.

For my two cents I'd get grandpa a flat of shells for Christmas. Save your pennies and get him a better quality trap for Father's Day.

Jim

9. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

a cheap thrower is like getting a cheap girl friend-- later on , you say to yourself- why didnt i hold out for something better!!! but everyone has gotta start somewhere!!!--- jim is right on!!!!!!!

10. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have 2 laporte throwers and one atlas, the laportes were about 1800.00 each the atlas is as good or better than them.. before I bought the atlas I didnt alot of research, read many reviews and posted amny questions over on shotgun world website.. many many of the guys have bought the doall and the champions and 95% of them say they are junk, not to waste your time.. one or two got a good machine but the rest had miserable failures.. nothing is more frustrating than standing there calling pull and nothing but chips are flying out..

11. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I never got my Do-All to work properly. After only a few thousand throws (20% of which were broken targets) the motor case broke. I pitched it. The manufacturer would not need such good customer service if the thing worked. The Do-All is not recommended.

12. Sero

Sero Member

I may have exactly what you are looking for.
    I am the National sales and Marketing Manager for DT Systems the over 1/4 century old manufacturer of one of the very best Electronic Dog Training collars.
    As a result I have a personal friend that is the National sales managter for Du-All traps.
    This past Spring thinking my son-in-law could use a remote auto loader down on the farm in the Evansville, IN. area I swapped him one of our $800+ collars systems for their very best Du-All systems.
    Unfortunately my son-in-law is a Federal Employee and is being transferred back to the Merrillville,IN. area so not only does he not haveplace to use it but WE HAVE NEVER EVEN ASSEMBLED THE UNIT.
    I HAVE ONE MYSELF THAT HAS THROWN WELL OVER 5000 BIRDS AND HAS ONLY REQUIRED SOME LUBING.
    The unit I have for sale is new in the box, as I said never assembled, is 12 volt OR 110 VOLT, comes with the 90 bird tower, comes with the $280.00 Wobble Kit which throws the birds in random positions, presents incomers, away shots, fast quartering, and passing just like the trap range, left & right angles at 45 degrees and up & down 15 to 45 degrees.
    THE Du-All itself (without the Wobble kit) sells for $600.00.
    This unit also comes with the electric foot release switch worth $10.00.
    The only Du-All option that I did not get was the $25.00 cover because I always bring mine inside when I'm done.
    You are looking at a total NEVER USED VALUE of over $950.00.
    It's for sale for $500.00 plus shipping.
    I'm on the road at some dog trial seminars but will back home by Sunday and could ship out by Tuesday.
    I live in Valparaiso, In. and my Office & home phone is 219-464-1125 and my cell is 219-405-4288.
    I do not have any photos but if you go to the Bass Pro or Du-All web site you can see the unit.
    If you have a 2009 Fall Bass Pro catalog look at page 529 to see all you need to see.
    It's your call but this is a steal at $500 and as I said if you have any problems I am a personal fiend of theIr sales manager and can always expedite any needed concerns.
    Just e-mail me or call me between 9 am and 4 Pm.
    My cell will be the best bet between now and Sunday.
    Trap Shooter .com name is SERO.
    John Seroczynski

13. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

do more searching on here and on shotgunworld.....I have seen many reports of the Do-All being a piece of junk.

14. mt92

mt92 Member

I have two do-all,s and one has been perfect and the other took some adjusting. Both have been good for quite some time.

15. Sero

Sero Member

All I can tell you is that I've suggested the Premium Du=All to a slug of people and I've heard nothing negative form anyone other than one guy that after a year and a half of shooting never did any lubricating and wore out a gear.
    I do know that Du-All stands behind their product and their customers.
    It's your call.
    John Sero

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

What the hell is a Du=All?

A search of Bass Pro's site gives nothing.

They do, However have Do-All stuff.

HM

17. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Yeah halfmile, you're a big man.

Guess I'm taking my grandma to Cabela's, hope some guy there knows what he's talking about.
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
automatic trap thrower

best automatic trap thrower

best trap thrower for the money
just bought the champion wheely bird trap hope i did ok
top 5 trap throwers
trap throwers on 110 volt
very best trap thrower

what is the best brand automatic trap thrower