1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best all time load

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bulgie, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

Here we go. What is your ALL TIME BEST RELOAD. Hull, powder, wad. Thanks Robert

2. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

nitro 27 7.5 better than any reload at i have made

3. DMC

DMC TS Member

Best all time (for targets) load: Remington All-American Hull, Green Dot powder, T-Wad (White). Unfortunately, the hull and the wad haven't been available for a LONG time.

DC

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

My best depends on conditions. Sometimes the mayflys are hatching. Hoppers work around farm country. I switch up if I don't get many bites. Sometimes I actually get good feedback to a legit question. Ya never know. Jake

5. boneman

boneman TS Member

well when I was in the Navy I was at a bar in Philly, that was the best load I ever had!!! Sorry I couldn't help myself. Larry

6. rwm12

rwm12 Member

Raw Oysters

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Robert... The best handicap reload I have ever used consisted of a Federal paper hull, Federal 209A primer, 18.5gr 700X, Federal 12C1 wad, pushing 492gr. 71/2 magnum shot. This load worked great no matter what gun I shot it through. Now that the old style Federal primers and the 12C1 wads are no longer available, I have found another "favorite" load. It consists of a Remington STS hull, Fiocchi primer, 18.5gr Promo powder, ORIGINAL Windjammer wad, pushing 492gr. 71/2 magnum shot. Great load as well.... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Boneman, When I was in the Navy the bars in South Philly still welcomed sailors and were good for a "bartender, get a round for the sailors"

17.5 international, green duster, fed primer, STS shells and 1 oz #8's

9. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Best Load of all 4 shots ( straight ) of CROWN ROYAL

10. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

Hoosier Daddy (and others), please elaborate. Many of the reloading experts on TS.com recommend slower burning powders than Red Dot for the 3 dram eq. load you describe. Myself, I'm still searching. Why is this load so popular? Would it be safe to call it a "classic"?

11. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

OK, since you asked:

STS hull, Fed 209 primer, 17.6 gr. of Clays, WJII wad and 28 gm. of 7.5's. The perfect load, developed for FITASC

Kip

12. BMC

BMC Member

I've yet to come up with a load that is even close to as good as my bar none favorite shell..the Federal 1oz game load. Most universal, economical and all my best scores have come with them. The only reload that has gotten me close is Rem hull, Win209 primer, TGT12S wad, 19.8 grains of Red Dot and 1.04 oz of 7.5 magnum shot. Its good, but still ain't as good as the Fed factory loads.

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

One of my all time favorites is the Remmy hull, Fed 209A primer, 18 gr Solo 1000, Pink Claybuster, and one ounce of 7 1/2. Works great for 16's, caps, and second shot of Dubs.

Another is Fed GM hull, Fed 209A primer, 21.5 gr Solo 1000, Claybuster 12SO clone, and 24 grams of 7 1/2 for Bunker, 16's, or the first shot of ATA Dubs.

14. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Answer to question: for many years in the heyday of trapshooting the top load for new was Fed. Papers 3 dram 71/2's and the top reload was 18 gr of Red Dot in AA with AA wad. I can just remember not sweating the load so much as breaking the bird and both of them did it with authority. Lot's more to chose from now, all good.
    ftlupton

15. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The mother of all 'caps reloads:

Remington hull

Remington STS/209 primer

Remington TGT-12 wad

18.0 gr. of Hodgdon's Titegroup powder.

1 1/8 oz shot

1235 fps all day long in the heat of summer or the cold of winter! Remington loads them from the factory this way, and so do I!

ec90t

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ditto on the Titegroup. Before that it was Fed papers with C1 and Red Dot.

HM

17. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Titegroup is one of the best powders out for standard and handicap loads, but it seems to be a well kept secret. The ONLY thing that might hurt it is that the powder takes up very little room in the hull.

A Remmy hull with the Fed 209A and 20.5 gr Titegroup with WAA12L and 24 grams 7 1/2 is a fabulous Bunker load.

I burned a keg of it with GREAT results, but went back to my BULKY powders, Solo 1000 and Rex 1. The hulls I have unlimited access to are straight walled Riefenhausers. ;^)

18. shadow

shadow Active Member

Paper Federal hull, 32gr of Win 540, 12c1 wafd and 1 1/4oz of nickle 6's. I've won LOTS of those parking lot dollars with that little secret.

19. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hey Shooting Coach,

Did you ever chrono that 24 gram load? I was trying to work up a 7/8 oz load using Tightgroup and never had much success. Hodgdon wasn't much help either when I asked them for reloading info. Thanks!

ec90t

20. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

STS hulls, 1oz shot, Clays 15.4 grains , TGT12 wad, CCI209 primer. Was loading these for my wife. I then ran my first 50 then 75 straight with them, been useing them ever since. Has worked well for me so far back to 21.5yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fed papers with titegroup