1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best ALL LEATHER shooting bag? I'm looking....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

for one.

Right now I'm using a cloth bag that's a dirty, faded mess.

What I'm looking for is a nice, all leather range bag that has room (pockets) for shooting glasses, ear plugs, room for at least 4 boxes of shells - 6 would be a lot better. Room for average cards and rule books, can of remoil, rags, choke tubes and wrenches, all that good stuff most of us lug along all the time.

Something that looks decent...that can get wet and still look good. Solid, and built for the long haul, not something I'm going to replace in 3 hard shooting seasons. Something that holds its shape - set my current bag down and it looks like a pile of green rags until you pick it up and realize, no, it's a shooting bag.

I've seen bags online for $250, $300...that's fine. Something that is GOOD, built to LAST - that's the order of the day.

Thanks for the help

jeff

2. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

it is not leather

but it is quality, durable and very functional

gator bag @ redoxx.com

ernie

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jeff, My first choice would be to look at www.Lonesomecharlie.com website and see what they have to offer. My second choice would be to look at www.Shamrockleathers.com website and see what they have to offer. These are the biggest leather companies. that I know of. There are a couple of custom leather places that some of the shooters on here might tell you about, but be prepared to double or triple the prices that you have seen for real custom work. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff P.

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Lots of good stuff out there. My favorite is Lonesome Charlie and he is a great guy that will stand behind his product forever. When the Grand was at Vandalia, I'd take my bags back to him for refinishing/refurbishing and anything else he could do to make it like new again.

But again, Shamrock and some other regulars in the trap market are very good.

Good luck,

milt

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

mine is not that big, its a 4 box with small pouch. holding up well. it gets used!!!

6. philk

philk Member

Shamrock leathers is about as good as it gets.

7. missed some

missed some TS Member

and with shamrock you can get add on pouches for the ends and a big on in front, since I got the add ons I now take my truck to the line with me!!Best bag I've seen. mark

8. missed some

missed some TS Member

and with shamrock you can get add on pouches for the ends and a big on in front, since I got the add ons I now take my truck to the line with me!!Best bag I've seen. mark

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Arnie Brunson leather works. I always liked his stuff, don't know if he is still around or not.

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Now if you want the absolute best quality, best looking and durable bag, call Cowboy Rick at 602-242-6382. Excellent quality and designed to your specs.

11. tp

tp TS Member

If you REALLY REALLY want the best and a work of art to boot, call Cowboy Rick. He has made bags for several of the ts.com guys over the past few years (as well as shell box holders and belts) and they have all been home runs.

12. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Working Dog Leather - Info
    Maker of Exotic Leather for the Shotgun Shooting Sports. "When Only The Finest Will Do". Upcoming Shoots You Will Find Me At: ... Gary Stevens. 1-910-308-8789.

www.theworkingdogleather.com/ - 4k -
    Joe goldberg

13. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Cowboy Rick is probably working on my replacement package as we speak. My bag, box holders, belt, etc. were stolen in early June. I am patiently waiting for Rick to make mine ... a good thing(s) are worth waiting for. Not cheap, but quality never is. Bill Malcolm

14. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Gary Stevens does great work and makes very nice belts as well. For a factory one, I like the one made by Galco.

15. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Lonsome Charlies,was the guy at the grand !real nice !

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Cowboy Rick is definately top shelf, the other bags mentioned are not bad bags just not the same as the bags Rick makes ... The phone number I have is (602) 402-6382 and that would be his cell phone ... Rick makes belts, wallets, Photo albums, saddles, Bags and pouches, you name it and if its made of leather he can do it ... This is all custom work and though his prices are not cheap they are very reasonable for the quality of product that you get ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. wiskeybob

wiskeybob TS Member

jeff,i have three brand new leather shooting bags (shamrock) Fully engraged fancy stiching, they are engraved this may be a problem if interesited please contact wiskeybob {215)822-3360

18. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I know you specifically mentioned leather, but have you looked at the Tactical Shooters/Gear Bags made of 1000 Denier ballistic rubberized nylon material from Boyt/Bob Allen - in their law enforcement series.

If you're wanting a good quality working bag, these are nice - with a reinforced bottom, exterior pockets - tan, green and black. $91-118 retail (3 sizes) 20% off special through BBA until 11/1.

Not what you asked for, but an option nonetheless,

Jay

19. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone...

I saw the galco bag on the mile high shooting supply website...thought it looked pretty interesting.

But i'll check out the other suggestions, too.

20. shadow

shadow Active Member

Cowboy Rick!! All the rest are fighting for second place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.