1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEST AFTERMARKET EXT. CHOKE ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Looking to buy some new ext. chokes for 16 yd singles and handicap for a Browning XT. Curious to know what kind of patterns (good or bad) people have had with trying out aftermarket chokes???

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I've had great luck with Carlson's. And if you have any problem, you can talk to Scott Carlson himself.

I use their IM Ext. Invector+ from the 16 to the 27 before I put in a full. That choke gives me 86% pellets, with a 1 ounce load, in a 30" circle at 35 yards. JMO

Wayne

3. rondl

rondl Member

Browning Midas Great Choke

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Any of the aftermarket chokes will give you pretty good performance.

Briley, Carlson, Kicks, Wrights, ad nauseum. Pick one, go with it. There's not much difference between them.

Just pattern to make sure.

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Nobody does it better than Briley!

6. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I use Briley and have been very satisfied with the product and the customer service. I have one XF that I shoot on a Browning XT that throws as perfect a pattern as you will ever see with once and an eighth of seven and a halves.

Can't speak to the others as I have never tried them. Martinpicker

7. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

The Carlson's are very good, as are the Brileys.

Also very good is the Rhino Extended in IM (trap).

The Inv. plus bore/choke configuration seems at it's best with full 1 1/8 oz. loads, in my experience, and quality chokes are a worthwhile upgrade.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My 27 yard 400 straight pal swore by Rhino in his Beretta. He paid 70 bucks a while back, probably more now if they are still made.

HM

9. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

kicks smoke or comp n choke

10. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Chris Vendel (CRV Custom Arms) makes and sells them. The patterns I've seen from them are pretty nice. Prices are good too...

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy with my Wright's Full choke and Briley Spectrum Light Full. Great patterns from my Beretta 682. If you have any questions about the Wright's chokes, you can call and talk with Stu Wright himself. He is very knowledgable on the choke subject.

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have tried most all of them and I will tell you a secret if you promise not to tell anyone else. The secret is Kicks smoke choke. There is something about them that really works well.

13. camowilly

camowilly TS Member

Briley!!!-IT has always amazed me to see how many choke tube companies started up after SPORTING CLAYS became popular.Pick one that backs up thier work !!

14. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Kicks

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Who makes crappy aftermarket chokes?

16. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I fine that it depends on your shell and barrel they are all different and finding a choke that works with your combination is what is important. I have a Briley;s IM extended it did not pattern well in my 303 I use a Rino in that gun here is the kicker I put the Briley's LM in my 390 and it shot lights out go figure. I have seen this happen too often so shooting them is the only way to find the best for that barrel with your shells. I always buy good used chokes so I can dial in different guns. Just swapped some for a set of Mullers the beat goes on. The pattern board is your friend use it often for best results change power or load shoot it to be sure

Buddy

17. shrek

shrek Active Member

I have had really good luck with Trulock chokes.

And he stands behind them with a 60 day satisfaction in pattern/performance guarantee and a lifetime warranty on quality.

I also like the fact that they can be had in black, I like the low key aspect of that.

18. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Everyone has their favorite. I have tried several brands.........to this point I have not tried the ones custom made by Tom Wilkinson but maybe one day I will. Of all those I have tried by far the best I have found for pattern uniformity and down range performance is the Clearview made by my friend Steve Baldwin in Jones Oklahoma. .

19. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Clearview. Mr. Baldwin is a great guy to deal with. Now to give another view I have an XT I couldn't hit the National Catheral with. I put a Briley extended modified in it today and smoked them from 16 yards. I could not believe it.

20. poor and dirty

poor and dirty Member

heres one of a pure gold mod out of a kolar 750 at 30 yards with federal gold medal 1 1/8 of 7 1/2

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.