1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best adjustible stock buttplate?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ralph1100, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph1100

Ralph1100 Member

Agree with FlaLagarto. Todd and his father Jerry have done 3 for me (870, 1100, XT). But if you just want to change the pad angle, you might need to install a shim instead.

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Country Gentleman, There's can be adjusted with one screw without having to remove the pad. Jeff

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I had a local gunsmith install the new Jones adj. butt plate to my Bt-100. The new Jones pad has two screws thru the pad for adj. and has never moved on me not once in the 6 month or so I have had it. It is a very well built pad and listed in trap and field mag. somewhere. It was alot cheaper than above gunsmiths and my local did a great job installing it for me. I will agree that the country gentleman is the best around. Break-em all. Jeff

4. oldcop

oldcop Member

And a vote for Ken Rucker at Speedbump Stockworks in North Texas...he's done two for me that are flawless.

5. teleskier

teleskier Member

another vote for Rucker. Has done two RAD's for me lately. Great service and person.

6. bentbarrel

bentbarrel TS Member

I think I have used them all, they all work. Greg Hissem recently put one of his on my daughters gun and it has them all beat. As Bill said above, its easy to use with 1 allen screw, (T-Handle wrench included) but it also rotates and lets you put your stock wrench in the stock without removing anything, just loosen one allen screw to insert your stock wrench to remove stock or make any other adjustment you want on the pad. Snug it up and it will never move.
    Very efficient simplicity. Of coarse, everything Greg does id first class.

Gary Norton

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Is anyone making the unit that Allen Timney used to sell with length and pitch adjustments?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.