1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best 2 way Radios for hunting? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JTEA, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTEA

JTEA Member

Best 2 way Radios for hunting? We've used Motorolas for several years. Newer, more powerful models seem to be getting poor reviews. Neighbor started getting Midways. How about Cobras? We're in tighter terrain, smaller hills, many trees and humidity. A lot of potential interference from other frequencies, cell phones. 1 watt, 5 mile versions used to do the job, now they "get by". Rechargeable batteries seem better, some now offer only AA battery versions. Thanks, Joel

2. Lyle

Lyle Member

I tried the new motorola and it was junk. Went to the 26 mile midland and it is very good.

Lyle

3. Djones

Djones TS Member

Go with the highest mileage (range) you can find. I have had good luck with my Motorola's. One of my other hobbies is ham radio, the motorola's work equivalent to my 2 meter handhelds.
    Don

4. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Garmin Rino series 530. The best combo GPS- Radio on the market. We have been using them for 3 years with out a flaw. I can use mine all day for at least two days with out recharging.

5. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

We use radios alot in the mountains of Idaho. Nasty steep draws where radios dont like to work well. We found the Icom ic-v8 . This radio is awsome. Can be hooked to a mobile antenna also with endless range. Yes it is a ham radio....but I can tell or show you how to easy modify it to have channels outside ham freqs. We like the marine band. Can get it to trans 139-172 I believe. 125 bux cant beet it. Plott Hound

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

We use the best grade rechargeable Midlands. We get an honest mile range in our wooded area. Also they have the best option for an over the ear mic and speaker. We use the bow hunting and work awesome.

GS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best 2 way radios for mountains

best radios for hunting in the mountains

what are the best radios to use for hunting in the mountains