1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best 1,000 to 2,500 $ over and under

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bellasdad, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellasdad

bellasdad TS Member

Looking for opinions of what you consider the best over and under in the 1 to 2.5k range and why?

Thanks much, BD

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Hard to Beat a Browning XT....2nd. Hand at that price point..but good shooter. Shoot Well..Shoot Often , Bart

Why: Current Production, Service if Needed. Granted I don't Own one...but did shoot a New one last week at Club...for member having trouble learning new gun.
    Very suprised good trigger and crushed targets.

3. bellasdad

bellasdad TS Member

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Second the Browning XT.

Only downfall with these guns is the adjustable comb hardware can be fussy.

SW

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Either the XT or the 525 Ultra (if they still make it).

The Ultra is nicely made with lightweight barrels and is a little faster than the XT in my opinon, but I believe is more of a SC gun.

Mine had adjustable LOP with a moveable trigger and adjustable comb.

Either way, both are excellant guns and the XT speaks for itself with so many on the shooting fields.

6. Anthony.L

Anthony.L Member

Browning XT Trap, runs around $2300 + sales tax brand new. Can be found used anywhere from $1500-2000. Skip the way more expensive adjustable comb model from the factory. Instead send your stock out to Ken Rucker, Tron, etc and have them add it for $200.

Otherwise the XT Trap is good to go out of the box. Comes with a full set of HIVIZ sites (Orange, Green, and White) and white middle bead. I've got one month with 1600 rounds and counting on my new XT Trap and it's been flawless so far.

7. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

At that price range, the Browning XT would be hard to beat. I picked up one used that had probably 1K rounds through it for $1600. Had an aftermarket adj comb and was like new.

You might be able to find a used Beretta O/U on the high end of that price range but it might be tough.

8. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

I am sure I will be the only one to suggest this but I am gonna anyway!!!

WINCHESTER SELECT TRAP

mine has an adjustable comb and was bought used on gunbroker for 1200. I love it never a hick up, feels like an xt at a lower price, and it feels just like an xt. me and my gun have a love hate relationship but when I shoot it right I shoot awesome. Just ran 97 straight with it the other night! These guns are not widely used by most shooters and can be found even cheaper then what I paid. Good luck on whatever you buy!

Craig

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Browning XT

10. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I have both the Browning XT and the Winchester Select Energy. I had Graco add adjustable buttplates to both and they are still in your price range. I agree with the above posts. Either one of these guns would be hard to beat. (The Winchester is made in the old Browning Leige, Belgium plant. Feels like a Broadway to me.) Jack

11. William Perry

William Perry Member

Ditto on the XT. Also, for skeet/sporting clays, the Browning 625. A real nice new 625 can be found (pick your wood) at Cove Creek outfitters for a good price. There was a rebate on it. I own both and they are both a lot of gun for the money. With a little patience you can find a nice used one of either.

Bill

12. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Remington 3200. Nuff said.

13. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Remington 3200. Nuff said.

Mark

14. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have been shooting a 72AAT Rottweil for 30 years. I have nothing bad to say about the gun. It has served me well in all those years.

15. vatrap

vatrap Member

See if you can find a Valmet 412ST. Well built, generally nice wood and used ones can be found for $1000 or less. I have 4 and like them all. Most barrels can be interchanged without fitting and Trulock makes aftermarket choke tubes for them.
    Mark Landa used one to win the Va B Class Singles trophy with a 196 this year.

Mike

16. jergott

jergott Member

Beretta 682. used ones can be easily found in your price range and they can be rebuilt relatively cheaply. Jeremy

17. Crickets

Crickets Member

i'm with Vatrap..............Valmets RULE!

18. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

If your preference is for a gun that is currently in production & readily available, I would go with a Citori or a 682 Beretta. John

19. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remington 3200, adjustable POI on lower barrel, mechanical triggers. HMB

20. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

I agree with the Winchester Select Trap. Can be bought under the $2,000 limit brand new. Much like the Citori in many ways except the receiver is slim design like the 682. Of course a used Citori XT is an excellent choice. The XT has a taller and narrower rib and the Select is low and wide like a Broadway (as stated above). Both have the same Browning overbored barrel system with the Invector Plus choke system. I own a Select with a Rod's adjustable comb.

( I can still score more targets with a Remington 1100).

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best trap gun for under 2500