1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Berretta 682 Gold E likes/dislikes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TD1958, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I'm thinking about a new gun. I looked at the Berretta 682 Gold E unsingle with adjustable rib,comb,etc. What are if any the dislikes out in the shooting world? How easy are they to have a release installed? Thanks in advance, Tim

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Good choice and Phillips Gunsmithing for the release.

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have one and like it. It a very good gun. The rib and comb are both easy to ajust.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you're interested in an absolutely perfect combo with Allem double releases shoot me a PM!!

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The only thing than absolutely stinks on any Beretta is their memory comb system & their recoil pads.

Phil Berkowitz

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I'll echo Phil's comments. I have no first-hand experience with Beretta's adjustable comb hardware as my guns have locally-done combs, but I've not heard much good about their system. And the recoil pads are not recoil pads - they're stock protectors that you'll probably want to replace. I will also say that the comb portion of their stocks extends too far rearward, thus limiting how much you can shorten the stock.

Otherwise, I think they offer the most bang for the buck and look and feel good doing it!

Ed

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

How much is a fair price for a 682 Gold E 34" inch unsingle worth used in good shape. Also what was the latest closing out price at Jaqua's and others?

I saw one yesterday and he wanted $3500 for it.

Also what is the difference between the 687 Pigeon Un-single and the 682 Gold E
    un-single?

Which is better and why.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. t901

t901 Member

I like mine, I have 2 stocks with different combs 1 from Etchen which is nice and the factory one I don"t use. 2nd thing I don't like about the gun the weight I think it is a little on the heavy side 3rd I wish it was easier to get to the trigger to clean and the last thing is that I have the combo and the OU barrel does not have an adjustible rib. It is hard to switch between the 2 barrels because the rib is so different.
    These are all little things the gun shoots great lots of parts and mine has never broke.
    Good Luck
    Todd

9. twopipe

twopipe Member

It seemed to me that mine had different POI's on the o/u set. and the recoil pads aren't !

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Love my Gold E. As stated before, the Beretta Comb memory system is junk. Replace it with the Graco do-it-yourself comb system. I also agree with replacing the Beretta recoil pad. Just minor details to me.

I had Phillips Gunsmithing(Phil Crenwelge) install my release. He does excellent work and has fast turn around.

11. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

"Also what is the difference between the 687 Pigeon Un-single and the 682 Gold E un-single?

Which is better and why.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot "

The 687 receiver used in the Joel Etchen Guns hybrid (which uses 682 Gold E barrels) is essentially the same internally as the 682 Gold E (except for the exterior engraving) The main difference is that the 682 has an adjustable trigger and the 687 does not (although you can fit a 682 trigger to the 687 and the trigger is available separately from JEG). Another difference is that the stock dimensions of the JEG hybrid are different from the 682 Gold E (they are made by Beretta to Joels specs) with the comb being a bit lower than Beretta standard to better fit Ameerican shooters. Also, if you specify an adjustable comb from Joel, they do not use the Beretta comb hardware, but use a much better (in my opinion) set up.

As for which is better, that is likely a matter of subjective opinion. Having shot both, and owning a JEG hybrid combo, I much prefer the JEG version of this outstanding gun.

As for adjusting the POI of the over/under barrels and the unsingle, the way to do this is to set the comb up for your desired POI using the o/u barrel set first to get things where you want. Then switch to the unsingle/adjustable rib barrel and, using the rib adjustments (not messing with the comb which you have already set using the o/u barrels) set up the single barrel for desired POI. That way, you can readily change barrel sets without having to alter the stock set up when moving from singles to doubles, etc.

Jim R

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

How about price?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Yes, what Jim R. said about setting up for POI on both barrels. The standard K80 is the same. No adj. rib on the O/U barrel. Although, the K80 has a replaceable barrel hanger.

14. AveragEd

The two guns are very close in price - there isn't more than a few hundred between them, depending upon options. A 687 SPII unsingle combo is a hundred or so less than an equivilent 682 but with an adjustable comb is a little more. Also, the JEG 687s are available with EELL-grade wood for a couple of hundred more; I don't think the 682 is.

Ed

15. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Gary (longshot)

The 682 Gold E combo retail price is more than seven hundred dollars more than the JEG unsingle combo, even with the JEG adjustable comb added. And I note that for this price (currently 4375.00) they are including an adjustable (sliding) trigger from the 682 series. In my opinion, the JEG combo is one of best buys for the money available.

Jim R

16. AveragEd

Jim, I didn't check Joel's website today but did email them with regard to pricing two weeks ago in response to a piece of reader mail. The part of my July 2011 column that pertains to that question is pasted below.

Greg Schuler wrote to ask why the Joel Etchen special-run 687 Silver Pigeon II trap combos cost so much more than a 682 Gold E combo given all the mechanical features they share. I was perplexed by that question, as I always thought Joel’s guns were a little less expensive than the 682.

Matt at Joel Etchen Guns explained the pricing in his reply. “It has to do with the way Beretta prices their receivers. We order these under a contract and get a fixed price for that one big order. It can take up to 2-3 years to get those guns in. In the meantime, Beretta raises and lowers the prices on their guns the first of every year, maybe once or twice in the middle of the year as well.

“We currently sell a 682 Gold E 32/34 combo for $4550 and our 687's are $4345 with adj. comb or $4645 for EELL wood upgrade and adj. comb. So for now, the 682 falls right in the middle. For a long time, Beretta had the 682 priced above our 687, then a few years ago they lowered the price of the 682 by about $500. Anyway, most of it has to do with the fluctuation in dollar/euro from year to year.”

That's straight from the horse's mouth two weeks ago.

Ed

17. njuliano

njuliano Member

TD - I have owned 682 Gold E Trap about 18 months now, put around 15,000 or so through it and have had zero problems with it. That includes the adjustable stock comb hardware, although its not great I did not have any issues with it. I have owned the Top Single, Double and now the Unsingle all shoot very accurately. Upgrades: recently installed Release/Release triggers from Allem Gun Craft (Roller Releases) which I like very much. Also installed a Soft Touch recoil system, this installation replaces the Beretta comb hardware as well. They do an excellent job and it makes it a dream to shoot. Last a 100 Straight butt pad adjuster to put the finishing touches on it. I have several friends the shoot the 687 JES and are very happy with it.

Gook Luck.. Nick

18. Robb

Robb Member

I have a JEG 687 32/34 unsingle as new with double release, soft comb,adj. pad and all the goodies for sale. $4000

19. PULL.........my thumb

PULL.........my thumb TS Member

If you are intrested in a great gun check out the one oleolliedawg has. It has both the comb and the butt pad improved. Greg Hessim did the adj butt plate and added a kickese pad. It has Allem (new) double realease triggers($800). Extra brilly chokes. Less that 8000 rounds and not a mark on it, with pick of the litter wood.

Yes it's my gun that he's selling for me. Tell him your from TS and I will lower the price $200.

Thanks Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 e gold trap combo adj rib

beretta 682 reciver cracked failures

beretta fast memory system cracked comb

how to make joel etchen double barrel 687 have same poi

how to use the adjustable rib on a beretta 682 ghopld e

thru the pad adj hardware from phillips gunsmithing